test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power armor - Shoulder launcher

legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
There is one advantage that im sure no one picks on this power: Bunker buster
Now i can see how it was meant to help which is to mitigate wasting the power on a target that is blocking, the additional damage is so small it makes no difference when the target is blocking, so it really isnt worth the points. there are a lot of ways this could be fixed but I like to think the simplest solutions are the best so there are two things I think would work best for this advantage without buffs to the damage or changing the mechanic:

1) simply make it an intrinsic effect of the shoulder launcher so shoulder launcher always deals more damage when the target is blocking, this way you can get a bit more out of it from ranking the ability up to 3. and possibly put something in its place like burn through.
2) even simpler, just reduce the cost of Bunker buster to 1 ability point... done, it can be taken without loosing out on the overall damage of ranking the power up to 3...

The thing is bar players and nemesis, most npcs dont block... ever... which is why normally this is a waste. with the above solutions it turns a waste into a block mitigating utility.

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    There is plenty of precedent in melee powers where intrinsically the target takes MORE damage if immune to KNOCKS.

So, as stated above, just make this intrinsic to the power. Otherwise, this advantage is never taken nor rarely ever usable.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I've thought it odd that Shoulder Launcher doesn't have an adv. to apply Burn Through, the way all other shoulder slot powers do. I never take it just for that reason.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I would change Bunker Buster to grant the same sort of defense penetration as is granted by Dragon's Wrath.