test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hypothetical PVP changes

Remove the current PVP ques and replace them with the following.
Free for all <- pretty much what B.A.S.H. is now
Team Death match <- could make this a 3v3 team fight taking place on a random pvp map
Domination <- Think king of the hill but with 3 points to capture instead of 1. preferably on a big map.
Duel <- Allow players to que for a 1 on 1 fight. First to a set amount of kills wins and this would preferably have a public leader board that keeps track of your win amount.

Ontop of the new ques some other changes should be implemented to make things more fun for the overall playerbase

ATs should be inherently buffed in PVP ques so they atleast have a fighting chance against freeform toons
Ques need to be fixed so they are quick and reliable. minimum for free for all should be 3 heroes.
A daily for completing each que that awards a small amount of SCR would ensure people actually que.
Update the acclaim store to have slightly more enticing rewards, things like new auras/costumes or even power unlocks would go a long way.
Disable the Shadow Strike power in duel que to ensure 1v1s are not completely cheese.
Add private versions of these ques with increased player limit to allow for big clan wars. (specifically for team deathmatch)

Comments

• tasoseg#9218 tasoseg Posts: 28 Arc User
    Great ideas overall.
    My only concern about PvP (in all MMOs really) is that there's a big difference between gear among players. I think a few changesshould be implemented regarding the gear as well. This way, someone with decent gear can compete with a person who spent a huge amount of time perfecting their gear.
    My username is Tasos-EG, but I can't change it :#
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Great ideas overall.
    My only concern about PvP (in all MMOs really) is that there's a big difference between gear among players. I think a few changesshould be implemented regarding the gear as well. This way, someone with decent gear can compete with a person who spent a huge amount of time perfecting their gear.

Or do it like other games and not have gear at all count and give people the same stats, but in this game it is even more complicated due to the Freeform aspect. Stats in PvP should never be a thing honestly in MMORPG's, at best have specific gear designed for it that not overdoes it between players.
  • ned888ned888 Posts: 1 Arc User
    If the rewards for PvP were good then people would queue.
  • trill#2048 trill Posts: 7 Arc User
    I know i may be alone, but i miss when queues like Zombie Apoc were active
  • ned888 wrote: »
    If the rewards for PvP were good then people would queue.

Inherently untrue. PvP queue was only ever active when the rewards were trash but a lot of people played. FFXIV has amazing PvP rewards but it is hardly played either, especially not the most rewarding queue for it which is feast