test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pet AI

So I think I found something related to pet AI and how it seems to bug out. I tested it for 2 hours in The Desert map with Munition Bots and Support Drones.

The turret transformation of Munition Bots work no matter what, because they're stationary.
The Support Drones heal correctly no matter what.

When spawning controllable pets they recieve coordinates so the server knows where they are ingame.

But when either the pets move out of a certain "range" of their original spawn coordinates, it doesnt seem to update to match their actual physical location ingame. Or if an enemy is outside of these "spawn coordinates" from the pets, they are out of range aswel.

So once the pets move too far from their "spawn" they tend to break something, almost all the time, and returning to said spawn location doesnt fix it.

Re-spawning the pets gives them a new set of "spawn coordinates" which does work again, until the moment the player moves them too far from it.

The AI breaking seems to be alot less frequent with pet devices compared to pet powers.

Perhaps it has something to do with the pet command tray, the ones next to each individual pet. Nothing of that works anymore but the general command tray that applies everything to all pets at once does work, somewhat.
Tagged:

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    One thing I've noticed with controllable pet behavior is combat while flying seems to break their AI more than combat on the ground. I noticed this when doing the Trick or Treat mission on various characters during Bloodmoon. Spawning a Sidekick, or using a Controllable Pet power, while flying caused the pets to stop attacking more often than using them with a ground based TP.