test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Left the game some time ago...

solunitussolunitus Posts: 28 Arc User
Hello all. Is Champions Online still significantly active? Has it had any real content additions in the last five years? Is everything still stuck behind lockboxes? I'm considering jumping back in, but it seems like CO is frozen in time and NC Soft isn't willing to do anything with it anymore.

Comments

• speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    solunitus wrote: »
    I'm considering jumping back in, but it seems like CO is frozen in time and NC Soft isn't willing to do anything with it anymore.

Well, there's yer problem! :p

The small community is still quite active. Over the past five years there have been a few power framework "reworks"/updates, a new endgame zone added, reworked lairs (even Therakiel's Temple!!!) and numerous annual events.

You'll have to gauge yourself if that's enough content to return to.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Plus new powers added to existing powersets, new devices, new power variant devices, a story arc serial mission, costume transformations were added, more auras and costume pieces, etc..

It's still a small but active game.
  • phil413#8338 phil413 Posts: 2 New User
    I left a number of years ago myself. Wanted to get back into it a few years ago but saw that it was dead. Checked back from time to time. Now I see that it is alive again. I'll be playing on Wednesday. I don't think I'll get a chance to play before that. Looking forward to seeing how the game has changed.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    What was it that led you to think CO was dead a few years ago? It never shut down (aside from maintenance sessions), people never stopped playing.
  • phil413#8338 phil413 Posts: 2 New User
    Senior moment. I was thinking of City of Heroes. Confused the two games.