test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Angry TK (with maybe other stuff)

So, I've never tried the TK powerset out before. I would like to make a character that channels his intense anger and frustration into mental weaponry. I want him to mostly be a TK-themed build, but are there other "fury" powers he might benefit from?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. I guess it's for Might powers like Unleashed Rage, but since that scales w/ Enraged stacks it wouldn't generally be a good fit w/ TK Blades. You could prob convey the aesthetics of anger by using certain auras, though, and keep most of the build as TK (since you've never tried TK before anyways). EB Frenzy has the word 'frenzy' in its name (fwiw), you could imagine TK Maelstrom to be unleashing your inner rage, and Antagonize also seems fitting (and it's a decent block besides):

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Mental Discipline
    Level 11: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 14: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Expansive Intellect)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Antagonize (Rank 2)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Buzzsaw)
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

The last few powers can be w/e ya want, and you could replace the Ult if you don't have it unlocked.

For single-target dps, it alternates between Ego Weaponry and charged EBA (you could take Siphoning on EW, but this will lower its dps a good bit). For AoE, EBFrenzy can be your main attack, and TK Maelstrom can also be added in. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec (and some cost discount on gear).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • hedgehog#9387 hedgehog Posts: 137 Arc User
    Well, I'm hoping with a lot of my builds to make them thematic, but not limited to one type of powerset. Is there anything from Darkness or Infernal that I could use to fit the theme?
    Eh, I thought you wanted a mostly TK build. If you just want to add one or two powers from other sets, then that's fine, but I would prob sample from Darkness since Fear at least counts as a Mental State for the toggle/form (and Infernal's Toxic dmg isn't counted as Paranormal type). I dunno what powers from Darkness you'd consider appropriate, though, since I'm still not really clear on what sort of visuals you're going for here overall. Regardless, here's a list of Darkness powers you could take for this build that could add to it, and I'll leave it to you to determine if you like any of them for the theme:
    - Soul Vortex (w/ Dependency adv)
    - Dimensional Collapse
    - Summon Shadows (w/ heal adv)
    - Dark Tether (w/ heal adv)
    - Ebon Void (replacing Antagonize)
    - Void Shift (possibly w/ Fear adv)
    - Ebon Rift (w/ heal adv)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Basically I'm just aiming to make someone who's entire power is to project his anger into physical weaponry. I think it would be good to have powers that cause enemies to fear his onslaught, so I figured darkness would be suitable.
    edited September 2021
    Okay, that's still a bit vague to me (the concept of putting fear into your enemies- unless you mean simply just applying Fear as a debuff), but did any of the Darkness powers I suggest work for you?
    Fear as a debuff, yeah. Sorry, I'm trying to describe him in a weird way. I'll try them out when I get a chance. Thanks!
  • rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    Flow, I've been using your build and love it and noticed it do much crit. How would FotT work with this build as an energy toggle?
    Flow, I've been using your build and love it and noticed it do much crit. How would FotT work with this build as an energy toggle?
    In this case there isn't going to be much of an effective difference between FotTempest and Mental Discipline, since TK builds can have quite high crit rates (partly thanks to Ego Leech also boosting crit on some attacks), both are melee toggle/forms, and both scale w/ Dex. So you could take either toggle/form and prob be fine. I may still use Mental Disc here, but FotT does become more preferable the more you throw in attacks from other sets (that don't employ Ego Leech).
  • rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    In this case there isn't going to be much of an effective difference between FotTempest and Mental Discipline, since TK builds can have quite high crit rates (partly thanks to Ego Leech also boosting crit on some attacks), both are melee toggle/forms, and both scale w/ Dex. So you could take either toggle/form and prob be fine. I may still use Mental Disc here, but FotT does become more preferable the more you throw in attacks from other sets (that don't employ Ego Leech).

This is my take on the "angry TK" I added your suggested Soul Vortex /w Soul Drain and a self rez (Fiery Embrace) then added FotT for crits from the Soul Vortex (dont even know if it'd work, but there you go)

Sungmanito, Spirit Blade of the Howling Winds - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 14: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Expansive Intellect)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Antagonize (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Soul Vortex (Soul Drain)
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Buzzsaw)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Well, in this case Soul Vortex is effectively like a DoT that cannot crit for FotT, but its Dependency adv will still allow it to proc Mental Disc (since that's also a Mental State). That being said, taking FotT here can still work fine, assuming you are using all of the other attacks as well.
    So far this has been one of the strongest characters I've ever had, and that goes for the PA DPS you helped me design. Thank you!
    Sure thing; glad the builds worked well for you 8)