test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why i hesitate buying LTS .

Despite sitting on a fair amount of money RL i always take in consideration what i'm getting for
my investment and how the current investment is being updated and supported when it comes to games
that are of the most expensive type.

I've been playing CO since 2009 and we are still plagued by the bugged AoRP which can render tanks
unable to block - making this a literally gamebreaking bug. This bug as persisted for years and
sadly is considered a "get used to it" meme in the game.

And the cosmic fight where it's completely RNG if the babytank will actually be able to pick up the
baby dino before wiping out all the dps and healers ... still not sorted out .

I have also on several occasions asked for a valid reason to why the 2 of the 3 professions have yet
to receive a fix to the both the bugged nodes on Canada map and the lack of R4 nodes on monster island
for Science and Arms professions.... but the devs are silent.

No matter how much i enjoy playing the game, i'm still going to continue to see all these issues that
hasn't been sorted out in years, and i'm not one for digging my head in the sand and pretend
they don't exist. And blaming the inability to fix issues on a complicated code is easily fixed
by having the people who created the code, iron out the issues.

Anything less is just "we won't do any work but we'll take your money" practise.

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Well, none of those issues are likely going to be resolved, so if you are basing your decision on buying an LTS on those sorts of criteria, you will never buy one, and that is fine (I wonder if any MMO is perfect?). If you think that you will enjoy the game more with the goodies that come from the LTS over however long the game lasts, irresepective of whether your pet peeves are dealt with, then why not buy one? I've been suffering through the same issues since I started in 2011 and I never have regretted my LTS purchase. I love that they are now paying me to play.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

The question i keep asking myself tho is, why should i give 160£ to a company
    that isn't even interested in fixing one of their games that has longstanding issues ?.
    I know we now see 3 devs on Discord instead of the usual 1 which is good,
    but does that mean we might see things start to get fixed or just more new content ?.
  • Options
    zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The Hybrid AoRP bug has been around for that long?

That's quite the feat. At this point, we should probably just embrace it and celebrate its longevity.

Maybe we can turn it into a boss fight. A giant bug named "Hybrid AoRP".

One of the mechanics could be that tank must be overhealed through the entire fight. If the tank blocks at anytime, they automatically die and the party wipes.

It can be part of the anniversary event, since the bug as old as the game itself.

I'd tackle it. Sounds kinda fun.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I still think you are asking the wrong question. To me the question is "Will I get 160£ of enjoyment out of this game, knowing that there are things about it that will likely never be fixed to my liking?" Yes = buy; No = Don't Buy. If everytime you log on you think you will experience extreme buyer's remorse, then don't buy it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!