test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bind on equip/character/account questions

omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Items and Crafting
Just to make sure I don't mess this up for buying Primary and Secondary gear items:
  1. Questionite Store - If I buy those items with one character, can I give them to an alt on my account or are they bound just to the character that buys them? ie. Mercenary primaries, armadillo secondaries etc
  2. GCR/SCR Vendor - same question
  3. If the answer is yes, I can place them in my hideout shared bank for that purpose right?

What I'm asking is whether or not I can farm questionite, GCR, SCR with one character and buy those items to wear on another on the same account.

4. What if I equip any of those items, can they still be worn by my other characters?
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    The description should show if it is Bind on Pickup, Bind to Account on Pickup, or nothing, so it's tradable, etc.
    There is also a workaround for moving Questonite between Characters, choose amount, make it 50 for 1 Zen, put it on and cancel it, then withdraw it on another character, can also cancel it on another, so either withdraw or cancel, withdraw in both cases on the char you want it on.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Bind on Pickup will be bound to whichever character first recieves the item (quest reward, purchase, drop, whatever), they can not be traded.

Bind to Account on Pickup will be bound to the account of the character that recieves the item, these items can be transferred between characters using the account bank in the character's Hideout (only available if the account owns at least one Hideout).

Bind on Equip will be bound to the first character that equips that item. Before being equipped, they can be traded or mailed to anyone including other characters on the same account, they can also be put into the account bank of a Hideout or be put up on the Auction House.

Bind to Account on Equip will bind to the account of the character that equips them, once bound they work like Bind to Account on Pickup. Like Bind on Equip they can be traded, mailed, stored or put up for auction as long as they have never been equipped.

There are three currencies that can be moved between characters on an account: Resources (ie. Global, National and Local), Drifter Salvage and Questionite. Resources and Drifter Salvage can be transferred via the Hideout Bank while Questionite can be transferred as described above. Zen is account based.

Every other currency (including SCR & GCR) is character specific and can't be transferred.
  • Options
    omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    Perfect thanks
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris