test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aggro Suggestion

glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
PROBLEM: DPS deals better theat than tanks
SOLUTION: Add a clause in the role code for DPS roles that all threat generated by the DPS is split evenly between the party. This will mean that the tank's theat is still up to the tank but all the DPS will contribute to that threat a slight bit as well as the Healer will still be at a risk for its heal aggro, so that the Tank holding aggro would still protect the Healer.

Comments

  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,631 Arc User
    Or, just make the aggro boost from the Tank role a lot better? Or make the aggro boost from aggro mods stronger? Or make the aggro boost from Defender Gloves stronger?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Or, just make the aggro boost from the Tank role a lot better? Or make the aggro boost from aggro mods stronger? Or make the aggro boost from Defender Gloves stronger?

    Because we do not want the game to get stale.
    It has been said before that dps steals threat so that the game is more challenging. Having that threat spread out through the party makes the Healer at the greatest risk in the entire party and gives the tank an edge over the dps if the tank is good. The highest DPS would still be the one to die AFTER the Healer if the tank is not good enough and it would be overall a higher skill floor for everyone. However, once that floor is achieved, a good tank with good dps would maintain aggro better than currently and mishaps would be a lot less common in my opinion.
    I could be wrong, I don't see the code.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 20
    Threat wipe.

    If DPS doesn't want to die, THEY need to control their threat. It's literally like less than half a second out of the entire fight. After 2-3 rotations, press your TW. Done. Maybe even do it once more after the cooldown to be safe. If they're waiting until they get faced towards to TW, they're doing it wrong.

    It's really not that complicated of a mechanic to TW. Why people treat TW'ing like it's the equivalent to solo-healing and CCing kiga's dogs at the same time is beyond me.
    Post edited by zwipezanther on
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 584 Arc User
    Threat wipe.

    If DPS doesn't want to die, THEY need to control their threat. It's literally like less than half a second out of the entire fight. After 2-3 rotations, press your TW. Done. Maybe even do it once more after the cooldown to be safe. If they're waiting until they get faced towards to TW, they're doing it wrong.

    It's really not that complicated of a mechanic to TW. Why people treat TW'ing like it's the equivalent to solo-healing and CCing kiga's dogs at the same time is beyond me.

    This here so much, while i agree that aggro in this game is poorly handled overall, i see a lot of people refusing to drop their DPS for survival also, and just you know, block and wait till someone has aggro again. Or Threat Wipes as you mentioned also are rarely used.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,631 Arc User
    glortor wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Or, just make the aggro boost from the Tank role a lot better? Or make the aggro boost from aggro mods stronger? Or make the aggro boost from Defender Gloves stronger?

    Because we do not want the game to get stale.
    It has been said before that dps steals threat so that the game is more challenging. Having that threat spread out through the party makes the Healer at the greatest risk in the entire party and gives the tank an edge over the dps if the tank is good. The highest DPS would still be the one to die AFTER the Healer if the tank is not good enough and it would be overall a higher skill floor for everyone. However, once that floor is achieved, a good tank with good dps would maintain aggro better than currently and mishaps would be a lot less common in my opinion.
    I could be wrong, I don't see the code.

    Well, the key is that what you are suggesting probably requires some significant work from the Devs, and so is not ever likely to happen. My suggestion literally just requires fiddling with some numbers in tables.

    That being said, it seems to me that devs want to force top dps players to use TW powers (not devices) because that's what the devs want top dps players to do and there is no arguing with them about that because they know best (right?). Aggro stealing has been an issue for a while. They gave us aggro mods and Defender Golves for tanks to use and TWs for dps, and those are the solutions they are happy with.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    glortor wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Or, just make the aggro boost from the Tank role a lot better? Or make the aggro boost from aggro mods stronger? Or make the aggro boost from Defender Gloves stronger?

    Because we do not want the game to get stale.
    It has been said before that dps steals threat so that the game is more challenging. Having that threat spread out through the party makes the Healer at the greatest risk in the entire party and gives the tank an edge over the dps if the tank is good. The highest DPS would still be the one to die AFTER the Healer if the tank is not good enough and it would be overall a higher skill floor for everyone. However, once that floor is achieved, a good tank with good dps would maintain aggro better than currently and mishaps would be a lot less common in my opinion.
    I could be wrong, I don't see the code.

    Well, the key is that what you are suggesting probably requires some significant work from the Devs, and so is not ever likely to happen. My suggestion literally just requires fiddling with some numbers in tables.

    That being said, it seems to me that devs want to force top dps players to use TW powers (not devices) because that's what the devs want top dps players to do and there is no arguing with them about that because they know best (right?). Aggro stealing has been an issue for a while. They gave us aggro mods and Defender Golves for tanks to use and TWs for dps, and those are the solutions they are happy with.

    So you don't know how it works and you think things. Okay.
    My suggestion is for the devs not for you anyway XD
Sign In or Register to comment.