test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Brick/Infernal Tank

wtbcreativitywtbcreativity Posts: 43 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Builds and Roles
So, the Defender event is on the PTS apparently? I don't know when we're getting it (please not tomorrow, I have work) but I figured I should get something ready.

This is my take on a Devour Essence tank. Normally I would make a dual passive build out of a freeform slot, but on my existing two dual passive "tanks" that just means I don't tank anything other than grab and smash alerts because I can switch to DPS. I'll just have to actually learn to tank rampages and/or off-tank cosmics on this character, right? ahaha :#

Anyway:
Brick/Infernal Tank - Freeform (Tank)
v3.44:37

[EDIT: IIRC, the DoT from Fire Shield can screw with the CCer if I ever go dogwalking? I forgot about that. Switch it for Retaliation either way]

Stat priority is CON > REC > STR. Second Wind and Protector Mastery for faster recharges on Resurgence/Indestructible because I probably need the extra breathing room. Does Smoldering scale the healing on Devour Essence and Endorphin Rush? I'm maybe 80% sure it does. I have Immolation for the flat cost discount and flavor, but I'm sure there's something better I could slot there instead.

Basic rotations should be
[AoE] Havoc Stomp > Brimstone > ERush > Cleave until one target left > Devour Essence
[ST] Brimstone > ERush > Devour Essence ×3 > (repeat)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Rec PSS, huh? I guess it could work, though it is a bit odd. You could SS Dex for the crit boost instead of Str, but Str will give you a bit more melee dmg and knock resist, so it's up to you (Pres SS is another option to boost DE's heal a bit, as well as End SS to scale up TReverb). I think having 3 AoEs (Havoc Stomp, Brimstone, Cleave) is also a bit redundant. You could drop one of them and use the Wisp instead, since it can debuff for DE and can also apply CFlames w/ its Ghost Fire adv. Also, if you want an alternative to the AO, then you could get Fractal Aegis as a minor tank cd, and for the 1-pt threat adv on a relatively cheap & quick power. I am a bit concerned about energy for DE here, regardless, but I guess it'll depend a bit on gear, buffs, and how much you block.

And yea, Smoldering will scale up ER's and DE's heals, last I checked.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    I know I can mostly compress Cleave + Havoc Stomp into Vicious Cyclone, but I really really don't like the chain attack animations. But let's say I grit my teeth and power through it:

Brick/Infernal Tank - Freeform (Tank)

I don't have Fractal Aegis unlocked, so I'll leave Immolation where it is for now.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Well, I didn't suggest Vicious Cyclone, so I'm not sure what to say to that. It could be easier to just use Compassion as the toggle/form here, since it can also scale off of Rec, and stuff like ERush, DE, and Wisp's Illum adv can help proc it in combat. Here's an example of that, keeping many of your original powers:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Tank)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Recovery (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Void (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Phlebotomist, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Compassion
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire, Challenge!)
    Level 14: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 17: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Brimstone (Rank 2, Aftershock, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Havoc Stomp (Major Impact)
    Level 29: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Immolation
    Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Recovery: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Recovery: Staying Power (2/2)
    Recovery: Super Charged (1/3)
    Recovery: Well Rounded (2/2)
    Recovery: Second Wind (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

(open power slots can be w/e)

Testing this build in the PTS's Battle Station, and it doesn't seem to have energy issues in combat (w/ ~250 Rec, ~130 End, and some gear w/ cost discount). Even the Wisp + DE (and ERush) for single-targets is fine as long as I'm taking enough dmg for any of the healing sources to proc Compassion, and I keep CFlames up somewhere. Brimstone is also doing fine as the main AoE when up-close.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, I didn't suggest Vicious Cyclone, so I'm not sure what to say to that. It could be easier to just use Compassion as the toggle/form here [...]

Yeeaahhh, it was late and I wasn't thinking. I was stuck on needing another T0 or Infernal T1 power take at level 1 if I dropped Cleave. Just moving things up was the smart thing to do, which is probably why I didn't think of it :s

Testing this build in the PTS's Battle Station, and it doesn't seem to have energy issues in combat (w/ ~250 Rec, ~130 End, and some gear w/ cost discount). Even the Wisp + DE (and ERush) for single-targets is fine as long as I'm taking enough dmg for any of the healing sources to proc Compassion, and I keep CFlames up somewhere. Brimstone is also doing fine as the main AoE when up-close.

Speaking of energy, is that why you dropped Super Charged to 1/3 and moved the points into Well Rounded? If it was a problem staying above 90%, I could move that last point into Efficient instead.

Anyway, thanks flow.

Post edited by wtbcreativity on
  • Options
    Yea, when testing I didn't recall being over 90% energy much, though energy was overall fine for me otherwise. Usually when using DE it'd dip a bit more, but that's just cause DE's a bit costly. Ofc, you prob want to test it out yourself to see how it works out for you.

You could also still go back to Smoldering as the toggle/form too (say, if you aren't taking much dmg to heal for Compassion), though then you'll prob have to lean on the Wisp a bit more to keep the toggle/form stacked when using DE (shouldn't be much of an issue in AoE w/ Brimstone's adv).