test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

trying to combine the earth power with the wind power, not build savy, can this work?

granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
i like making themed builds but im not someone who is good at builds, this one is based on the manipulation of Earth and Air as a lizard monk.

so whats nice is that they both are physical damage, crushing, but im not sure if its going to be any good in the end game.


side tangant what boss do i need to kill to get the raptor head?
Tagged:

Comments

  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,803 Arc User
    edited July 7
    Ranged Earth is okay for single-target dps atm, mostly due to Cave In, but you'll prob want to outsource to another set to get a Crushing debuff for it (like Hurl in Might, which can be a pretty easy fit for the theme). Wind would prob be better suited to AoE w/ Typhoon and/or Hurricane, though you could use Gust w/ adv to put up Stagger (instead of using Stone Shot), I suppose. Here's one way to mix them:

    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Specialist (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Int: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

    Powers
    Level 1: Wield Earth
    Level 1: Gust (Rank 2, Toppling Winds)
    Level 6: Stormbringer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Hurl (Hard Fall, Didn't See That Coming)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Tremor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Cave In (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Typhoon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Wind Barrier (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

    Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

    Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

    The last 2 powers can be w/e ya want.

    Tremor can be your main AoE (and CC), while Typhoon can be used as a long-ranged AoE and/or opener. For single-targets, you can alternate between Gust and Cave In. This prob won't be as high dps as just using Cave In, but it will put up Stagger for your allies (and incorporate both Wind and Earth into your single-target rotation, instead of just Earth). In both AoE and single-target scenarios, you can use Hurl as a quick MSA proc and to apply/refresh Demolish. The build gears mostly for Int, w/ some Con and Dex_End.
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Ranged Earth is okay for single-target dps atm, mostly due to Cave In, but you'll prob want to outsource to another set to get a Crushing debuff for it (like Hurl in Might, which can be a pretty easy fit for the theme). Wind would prob be better suited to AoE w/ Typhoon and/or Hurricane, though you could use Gust w/ adv to put up Stagger (instead of using Stone Shot), I suppose. Here's one way to mix them:

    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Specialist (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Int: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

    Powers
    Level 1: Wield Earth
    Level 1: Gust (Rank 2, Toppling Winds)
    Level 6: Stormbringer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Hurl (Hard Fall, Didn't See That Coming)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Tremor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Cave In (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Typhoon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Wind Barrier (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

    Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

    Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

    The last 2 powers can be w/e ya want.

    Tremor can be your main AoE (and CC), while Typhoon can be used as a long-ranged AoE and/or opener. For single-targets, you can alternate between Gust and Cave In. This prob won't be as high dps as just using Cave In, but it will put up Stagger for your allies (and incorporate both Wind and Earth into your single-target rotation, instead of just Earth). In both AoE and single-target scenarios, you can use Hurl as a quick MSA proc and to apply/refresh Demolish. The build gears mostly for Int, w/ some Con and Dex_End.

    So what if i used wind for AoE trash removal and used earth for single target DPS? for world bosses it wouldn't use much wind but for things like alerts the wind and earth would be used
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,803 Arc User
    The build I gave you should do fine overall (for them both being powersets that have yet to be revamped, ofc), but if you want to section off your powersets like that then you could. Take Hurricane instead of Tremor (keep in mind that you have to be close-up for Hurri, and don't finish the channel if you don't want it's scatter KB), and Stone Shot instead of Gust. If you don't care about putting up Stagger, then you could drop the blast power and just use Hurl + Cave In for single-targets (assuming energy is still fine then), and switch Avenger to Guardian spec w/ Find the Mark.
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    The build I gave you should do fine overall (for them both being powersets that have yet to be revamped, ofc), but if you want to section off your powersets like that then you could. Take Hurricane instead of Tremor (keep in mind that you have to be close-up for Hurri, and don't finish the channel if you don't want it's scatter KB), and Stone Shot instead of Gust. If you don't care about putting up Stagger, then you could drop the blast power and just use Hurl + Cave In for single-targets (assuming energy is still fine then), and switch Avenger to Guardian spec w/ Find the Mark.

    now im assuming this build is not going to be too good in terms of cosmic bosses?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,803 Arc User
    edited July 7
    It'll be decent, again due to Cave In + the Demolish debuff for single-target, and cause INT PSS's DVuln is good against cosmics (and w/ Expertise + Dex SS added in). It'd be weaker if you had to stay in either set strictly, though, since you wouldn't have a good debuff then (which imo is the main issue w/ ranged Earth's dps atm). Wind's AoE is pretty solid overall, but it's single-target is lacking (and its weird mix of dmg types doesn't really help matters).
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    It'll be decent, again due to Cave In + the Demolish debuff for single-target, and cause INT PSS's DVuln is good against cosmics (and w/ Expertise + Dex SS added in). It'd be weaker if you had to stay in either set strictly, though, since you wouldn't have a good debuff then (which imo is the main issue w/ ranged Earth's dps atm). Wind's AoE is pretty solid overall, but it's single-target is lacking (and its weird mix of dmg types doesn't really help matters).

    alright hopefully it will be good at staying alive, meanwhile what about the raptor head? i talked with someone in game and they said there was a dinosaur head, specifically raptor, that you can find on monster island along with hand and feet claws.
    im trying to find it becuase the normal snake and lizard heads are too thin for me and the furry lizard head just looks wrong imo but its the lest ugly of the bunch.
    do you know where it is?

    also ifits not to much to ask there is another build im looking to do, my Nior style detective, all i got is the munitions going for him.

    basic theme is that through a freak accident he and his Noir-vurse self got fused into one being, so when he transforms he becomes a black and white mobster looking guy with a tommy gun, TV particals float off of him and his speech is staticy and like its coming out of a radio or old fationed TV set.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,803 Arc User
    For the Raptor heads, I assume you mean the ones from the GCR vendor (they also have perk to unlock them that takes defeating Teleiosaurus, afaik). You could also potentially buy them from the AH or from other players.

    As for the Munitions build: aside from the SMG Burst power for AoE, what other attacks do you think that you'd want for it? Either way, it'd be a good idea to have at least Two-Gun Mojo (TGM) or Assault Rifle (AR) in there for decent single-target dps (and a power that applies Armor Piercing).
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    For the Raptor heads, I assume you mean the ones from the GCR vendor (they also have perk to unlock them that takes defeating Teleiosaurus, afaik). You could also potentially buy them from the AH or from other players.

    As for the Munitions build: aside from the SMG Burst power for AoE, what other attacks do you think that you'd want for it? Either way, it'd be a good idea to have at least Two-Gun Mojo (TGM) or Assault Rifle (AR) in there for decent single-target dps (and a power that applies Armor Piercing).
    alright i'll seee what i can find with the dino head.

    as for the munitions build, thats where im having the problem.

    i'm trying to go for the film noir come to life theme but thats just SMG and assault rifle plus the pistols.

    i have in addition to that, frag grenades and lock 'n' load but that one might not be good, so thats why im having trouble with the build going forward.

    im wondering if i need to expand the theme more to Lovecraftian theme with dark magic mixed in but that takess away from the origin which i won't go into unless you want me to.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,803 Arc User
    im wondering if i need to expand the theme more to Lovecraftian theme with dark magic mixed in but that takess away from the origin which i won't go into unless you want me to.
    Nah, it'd actually prob be more efficient and easier to just keep most of it w/in Muni.

    Anyways, I guess I'll give you AR as your main single-target attack then, but since Gatling Gun was changed to not easily refresh Armor Piercing then you won't be able to effectively manage that debuff w/o being w/in 50ft of your target (or dipping into Archery and using Straight Shot w/ adv). If you wanted to use the frag grenade (which is a good dps power for Muni) then you'd have to be w/in 50ft anyways, so maybe that's not a big deal. Here's a simple Muni dps build w/ AR and the SMG:

    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

    Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 27/36

    Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

    Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

    The last 3 powers can be w/e ya want.

    It's pretty straightforward to use: SMG is the main AoE (and it'll also give you a dmg shield), AR is the main single-target attack, and Frag Grenade can be used in either case for debuffing and extra DoT dmg. Holdout Shot can also give you another self-heal. If you wanted a bit more dps from the build, then you could swap out Con SS for Dex SS, though this will lower your maxHP a bit. As is, the build gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Rec.
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    im wondering if i need to expand the theme more to Lovecraftian theme with dark magic mixed in but that takess away from the origin which i won't go into unless you want me to.
    Nah, it'd actually prob be more efficient and easier to just keep most of it w/in Muni.

    Anyways, I guess I'll give you AR as your main single-target attack then, but since Gatling Gun was changed to not easily refresh Armor Piercing then you won't be able to effectively manage that debuff w/o being w/in 50ft of your target (or dipping into Archery and using Straight Shot w/ adv). If you wanted to use the frag grenade (which is a good dps power for Muni) then you'd have to be w/in 50ft anyways, so maybe that's not a big deal. Here's a simple Muni dps build w/ AR and the SMG:

    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

    Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 27/36

    Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

    Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

    The last 3 powers can be w/e ya want.

    It's pretty straightforward to use: SMG is the main AoE (and it'll also give you a dmg shield), AR is the main single-target attack, and Frag Grenade can be used in either case for debuffing and extra DoT dmg. Holdout Shot can also give you another self-heal. If you wanted a bit more dps from the build, then you could swap out Con SS for Dex SS, though this will lower your maxHP a bit. As is, the build gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Rec.

    this is good as the SMG and AR are used how i have been using them, mostly SMG for large groups and AR for strong simgle target DPS bsides taking the ARs AoE perk which i was iffy on to begin with, thanks a ton for this, this probably will be my more powerful build out of the bunch.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,572 Arc User
    You could add a litte darkness/fear for flavor if you like. E.g.

    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

    Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3, Boogeyman)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Ghost Fire)
    Level 35: Soul Vortex (Soul Drain)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 33/36

    Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

    Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

    Devices

    Maybe a self rez for last power?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
Sign In or Register to comment.