test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

obtaining justice gear...

you guys really need to implement an alternative way to acquire the diamonds, scales and such.

i just sat in a fire and ice queue for 2 hours. nobody else queued. sorry, but people do not have the time to spend hours in a queue, for just a chance to get an item to drop.

Comments

• zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    The TT alert event has a lot to do with it right now.

Regardless, this is what I was trying to address in my post in the Suggestions section. Not a lot of people enjoy tanking, healing, etc. But for the ones that do, there really is no motivation for them to get into the Rampage drop grind other than to farm for alts.

On the other side of the coin, making Justice gear obtainable through the same means as Distinguished and Virtuous will make rampages obsolete.

Lots of ways to approach this. Even just a rare chance at exclusive weapon skin drops, or make Rampage tokens useable for something else will help bait others into doing them more.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Well, most people do NOT do F&I in a public queue cuz the chance of getting 10 pewpews is high and then the mission just fails. Your best option is to create your own Prviate queue (when players are not doing cosmics) and advertise for the roles you need.

I still think the best option is to require Rampage tokens to purchase DG and VG. I think a lot of people (especially those who do not care about perfectly optimized builds) gave up on Rampages because it is easier for them to show up at cosmics and ride the coattails of others to get a set of DG or VG.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I think the best option is to make rampages not require trinity roles so people can just queue willy nilly for them. You know, since we're never getting a sophisticated queue that can actually organize queue'd players into viable trinity role groups. Having queue'd content you can't queue for is kinda goofy.

If you take the time to actually make a trinity group you should completely crush queue'd content. People who just rando-queue should have a harder time, but still have a good chance if they skill it to win.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I think the best option is to make rampages not require trinity roles so people can just queue willy nilly for them. You know, since we're never getting a sophisticated queue that can actually organize queue'd players into viable trinity role groups. Having queue'd content you can't queue for is kinda goofy.

If you take the time to actually make a trinity group you should completely crush queue'd content. People who just rando-queue should have a harder time, but still have a good chance if they skill it to win.

Except the devs love trinity for group content, so we know that is never going to happen.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Wait, are we talking about what's actually gonna happen, or what we think should happen? Cause if we're talking about what's actually gonna happen, I'm gonna go with "nothing" :P
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • mysterion69mysterion69 Posts: 11 Arc User
    what if they just made all the materials sellable commodities? people would q for it if they knew they could make some globals off it.
  • mysterion69mysterion69 Posts: 11 Arc User
    fire and ice is back... not a single run all day. no pq advertising. nobody in queue.

its time CO faced facts... you do not have the player population to be able to run rewards like you have wow's or even sto's population. there needs to be alternative methods to obtaining this stuff.

games should reward effort and time played. not praying enough people also need what you need and want to try their luck with rng.
    fire and ice is back... not a single run all day. no pq advertising. nobody in queue.

its time CO faced facts... you do not have the player population to be able to run rewards like you have wow's or even sto's population. there needs to be alternative methods to obtaining this stuff.

games should reward effort and time played. not praying enough people also need what you need and want to try their luck with rng.

Did you try to organize a PQ yourself? Even these days if someone tries to organize a PQ for F&I (assuming decent number of people in game and not during cosmics) it's usually possible to get a group together. SC and UN are more problematic.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    For F&I you are going to have to organize a Private Queue or wait for someone else to. I've also seen some folks get a healer and tank combo together and then advertised in chat channels for folks to queue when those roles are good enough to carry the rampage and only random DPS is needed.

Unknowable just had a couple of PQs that made quite a few runs over the past few days.

It does sound like rampages are being looked at and, I think, the devs said they may look at changes around Sky Command.

I would recommend they add additional new costume, aura and/or transformation drops to the old rampage rewards. I'll still occasionally run rampages for Justice gear but I'm more interested in running Unknowable for the costume drops than I am for collecting scales right now.
    I would recommend they add additional new costume, aura and/or transformation drops to the old rampage rewards. I'll still occasionally run rampages for Justice gear but I'm more interested in running Unknowable for the costume drops than I am for collecting scales right now.

The devs thought they would be clever and put a number of costumes behind a Scale paywall. So, you still need currency if you want ALL the costume unlocks.

I keep hearing people in game saying that they hate waiting for Rampage queues to pop and just go for VG or DG instead. Kind of sad that players have given up on them. I've got just about every possible combination of DPS now, so don't really need anymore tokens (just building tanks and healers for the most part), but I'd queue for them if I heard people calling out and/or advertizing PQs.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

The devs thought they would be clever and put a number of costumes behind a Scale paywall. So, you still need currency if you want ALL the costume unlocks.

I keep hearing people in game saying that they hate waiting for Rampage queues to pop and just go for VG or DG instead. Kind of sad that players have given up on them. I've got just about every possible combination of DPS now, so don't really need anymore tokens (just building tanks and healers for the most part), but I'd queue for them if I heard people calling out and/or advertizing PQs.

I'm not unhappy with the concept of using scales, bearings, etc. as part of the cost for costume pieces. The number of scales required is too high for me but it's an interesting experiment to see if others will grind for them.

Part of the issue is that the older rampages are really only good for Justice gear while Virtuous and Distinguished gear are pretty competitive. Who really wants another Construction Vest (open) or Construction Vest (closed) drop.. I agree that it's easier to show up to a Cosmic and the rewards are better too.

But, the devs seem to be aware of this and I suspect more changes are coming besides creating Unknowable.
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    I farmed justice gear on one character and hated the grind so much I ended up putting mercenaries gear on most other characters. Turns out mercenaries was enough and farming justice felt like a huge waste of time. I was able to pick up some Distinguished/Virtuous eventually just from running content though so that was pretty cool.
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    hopefully they chill on the back to back events so that people start doing alerts again. It's been annoying just sitting there for hours waiting for nothing to happen.

I'm primarily a healer and will do just about any alert except Sky Command, because.....bleh....vehicles...yuck.
    So I don't care, i'll do Gravitar and hope for costume pieces I can sell.

I think maybe a better solution would be gear we could acquire between heroic and justice/virt etc. That way there's some progress.
    renegade0 wrote: »
    I'm primarily a healer and will do just about any alert except Sky Command, because.....bleh....vehicles...yuck.

There are free temprary Until Hover Disks available on both sides of the mission starting room. Absolutely no need to use a vehicle.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    renegade0 wrote: »

There are free temprary Until Hover Disks available on both sides of the mission starting room. Absolutely no need to use a vehicle.

And they removed flight speed restrictions. So, if you have flight, you'll be zippy with or without a hover disk.