test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Crafting unlocks

legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
Just an idea, crafting is pretty straightforward and I wouldn't want it to become over complicated, however, I find it does lack much in the way of motivational goals to aspire towards, most of my characters don't even have a crafting skill because I don't see any need for it. So I thought wouldn't it be nice if when we hit max crafting we could craft a crafting skill exclusive set of items? perhaps one cosmetic unlock, a craftable gear set of some sort (not meant to be game breaking but at least something that you can at least start playing end game content with) maybe even a few powers. Ultimately the choice is down to the devs on this but I wanted to just suggest it because crafting is literally just mod crafting which like I say is simple but it'd be nice for crafting to feel like there's more to get out of it than just mods, a reason for me to take it into consideration for my builds and character themes too.

Kind regards:

Legionexxod.

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    We used to have a real crafting before it was turned into fusing mods. I still not see why mods and fusion could not have just been added to it.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I believe a lot of the previously craftable items and powers are available in the Q-Store now.

But yeah, even some kind of exclusive costume like goggles or weapon skin would be a nice visual reward for maxing out crafting.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I believe a lot of the previously craftable items and powers are available in the Q-Store now.

But yeah, even some kind of exclusive costume like goggles or weapon skin would be a nice visual reward for maxing out crafting.

Like the Travel Powers you could get from it back then, I was very close to getting the RAD one, only for the patch to hit and remove all completely, due they not clearly said that Fusion and Mods will replace it fully.

I not need to understand certain decisions in games by devs or publishers, like they never touched a game before and only the money I guess. Gaming Industry you can't treat it like lets say a Car Factory, you can't just calculate the "materials" used in a game and decide for it. Yes you still need similar calculation but the gameplay and fun is a huge factor in games, not just the product.

I mean, sorry for ranting a little but take Kael as the Writer here in this game, he most the time not knows a lot of characters like Gravitar or so, and he is one of the main Writers, I mean for god’s sake.
  • legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
    Just a thought… what about mod scrapping? We all can easily end up with a bunch of mods we’d never use or want to infuse, what if after 400 in a skill we could scrap the mod for mod components and use those to craft mods we would like to use or exclusive skill based mods, even one decent exclusive mod per skill would be good enough. It’d be different from what they had in the past and would give the skills a bit more meaning. In this game there are a fair number of numerics not affected by current mods and an infinite number of possibilities when it comes to what kind of mods we could have including mods that modify powers to have a chance of an added effect/ mods to affect fusion chance/ mods with situational effects ranging from enemy type/damage type/to affecting travel powers. This way it’s not a huge requirement to have but gives gear building an added dimension.