test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Might + Fire?

Hello again! It me!

Right, so. Aside from making a mix out of the two, here's what I have in mind: Clobber, Defensive Combo, Mighty Leap, Upper Cut, and Haymaker. Those are the abilities I need for this ideal Build, while the rest would be Fire. What I don't need from Fire, however, is Fire Breath and Conflagration. Otherwise, it's a free-for-all. :)

Oh, and that said: I will be a DPS, rather than a Tank.

Thanks again! :)
[ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Do you have access to the Invisible HW skin? HW has various connections to Fire that you might use. E.g. Eruption w/adv puts down magma and if the weapon is Invisible it looks like an upward swinging punch. Why Defensive Combo instead of Beat Down if you are going for DPS?

Otherwise, it sounds like your main attacks are all from Might? Assuming that you then have a Toggle form (Enrage), EU (Pulverizer or Thermal Reverberation), Might-related passive (Unstoppable), and Resurgence for the quick big heal you have room for 5 more powers that could be fire-related. Maybe:
    Fire Shield (since you need a block anyway)
    Eruption or Brimstone if you have invisible HW and the put down Clinging Flames
    Absorb Heat for more heals
    Fiery Embrace for self rez
    Hydra because its a big, showy fire power and you need an excuse to unlock it from the gcr/scr vendor anyway
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Just checking but if you have the Imaginary Weapons weapon skin from the Foxbat event, you could use the Heavy Weapons framework with fire synergies already built in.
  • Options
    So, after checking, yes: I do have the Imaginary Weapon skins unlocked.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Do you have access to the Invisible HW skin? HW has various connections to Fire that you might use. E.g. Eruption w/adv puts down magma and if the weapon is Invisible it looks like an upward swinging punch. Why Defensive Combo instead of Beat Down if you are going for DPS?

Yeah, the background idea for the character is that she's immune / resistant to Fire but is super strong otherwise. Still, I can make a workaround and have Clobber, Defensive Combo, and Mighty Leap as the only Might abilities while the other being Fire. As for why Defensive Combo instead of Beat Down? Mostly because I like how Defensive Combo looks when she's beating up the bad guys.
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Yea, it would be nice to tie some HW in here. Uppercut is also a bit redundant w/ Haymaker, unless you are using it for Setup/Blindside and Reckless, but then you'd also want a source of Demolish in there. Also, the energy builder choice shouldn't really matter much either, aside from unlocking early powers, as you shouldn't be using it much (or at all) at high levels.

If you can drop Uppercut and Haymaker, then I'd still keep at least one of them for single-target dps (unless you want to use HW's Annihilate). Also, if you want to focus more on dps, then you'll want to take an offensive passive, but this will mean that your character won't be particularly resilient against most/all dmg types. You could use Fiery Form for the extra Fire resist, but that's sub-optimal for dps here since it won't boost Physical/Crushing dmg. You could instead make it a hybrid-dps build w/ something like Invuln, but then you're resistant to all dmg types, and it'll considerably lower your base dps.

Here's a example dps build that mixes Might, HW, and Fire:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Pummel)
    Level 6: Enrage
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Pulverizer
    Level 14: Arc of Ruin (No Quarter, Wildfire)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Eruption (Magma Burst)
    Level 26: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Fire Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Mighty Leap
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 27/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The last 2 power slots can be w/e ya want. Maybe you could add more Fire stuff in there, if desired (Pyre w/ Backdraft and maybe the healing rune adv, Fiery Embrace, Hydra, Immolation w/ adv, etc).

Taps of Arc of Ruin can put up No Quarter, which will boost Haymaker's single-target dmg (Haymaker ofc being your main single-target attack here). Defense Combo and charges of Arc of Ruin can help you AoE here. Also, Eruption can put up CFlames, which Absorb Heat can consume for an extra heal. Gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    And the main man delivers! Once again, you have my deepest thanks, flowcyto! B) And thanks again for the tips too! :)
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Sure thing. Hope you like the build, but if you don't then we can always help cook up another one, as there's many different ways to mix HW, Might, and Fire together.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Well then, that's both interesting and good to know! :open_mouth: Still, I just created the character today but we will see how it goes. Otherwise, I will just bump the thread again. B)