test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle

spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
So, I got the power variant and respecced a toon before I realized there's a huge difference in energy requirements between Submachinegun Burst and the U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle. Like 3 times as much energy. Both powers look like they are in the same ballpark damage-wise. I don't get why the U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle's energy requirements would be sooo much higher.

I'm hoping this may be a bug, since it doesn't make sense to me. It would be great if it could be changed to more closely match the power it replaces.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Pumping this thread because this still hasn't change and doesn't make sense when you compared it with others PVD
    • Qularr Toxic Rifle and Pulp Fiction Ray Gun are 100 feet Power Variant Devices, COST LESS compared to U-MD which is 50 feet and costs DOUBLE the energy (it costs like triple the energy of Submachinegun Burst too)
    • it doesn't even have an DOT (Poison and Plasma Riffle) beyond to the pull-splash damage which is useless on single targets/bosses and the bonus damage against Undead enemies is not even that useful
    • U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle's AOE Spash damage doesn't trigger AOE Specs
    • The Description of this Device is obnoxiously long and with sloppy UI, can't see it on window mode-Low Resolution, the image and the flavour text takes WAY TOO MUCH and hides the Combat Tooltip

Things I do notice, the DOWNLOAD buff works with all of them at least​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    Cost is not a bug. Ghosthunter is an mid range targeted aoe, it's going to cost significantly more than a single target ability.

These variant devices are not mirrors of the powers they replace. Normal Submachinegun has significantly lower damage values and a different area effect from Ghosthunter. The devices costs are calculated as a normal power would be.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Cost is not a bug. Ghosthunter is an mid range targeted aoe, it's going to cost significantly more than a single target ability.

These variant devices are not mirrors of the powers they replace. Normal Submachinegun has significantly lower damage values and a different area effect from Ghosthunter. The devices costs are calculated as a normal power would be.

I'm still against the Absurd energy cost, but thank you for the official statement

How about the Splash AOE side effect which doesn't trigger AOE specs?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!