test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ego bonus in TK melee powers

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
Under Ego/Id Weaponry and other TK melee powers the description states: "Instead of gaining bonus damage from your Strength stat like most melee powers, this power gains that bonus from your Ego stat."

Is this really the case? Originally, the following build (yes, one of those awful Seraphim-based builds ;) ) was Dex-Con-Pre, but I am wondering if Ego-Dex-Pre (stacking Dex) might be the way to go? Certainly the crit chance goes through the roof (44.5%) and the severity is about 92% which is about what it was with Dex Pss. I keep BCR going as much as possible and GotS then heals people around me from Siphoning Strikes, Conviction (Reverence gives even more) and Resurgence (though I might eventually try Pillar of Poz instead for even more HoT). The powers overall are fine (solos QWZ in mercs atm). So really just fine tuning.

Emir Khan 3 - Freeform (Support)
v3.44:36

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Hexslinger (Dex: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 8)
Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 12: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Sniper Training (Dex: 3, Ego: 3, Pre: 3, End: 3)
Level 21: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)

Powers
Level 1: Kinetic Darts
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: Mental Discipline (Id Blades)
Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Ego Blade Frenzy (Instill Doubt, Mental Block)
Level 14: Telekinetic Reverberation
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 23: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Ego Blade Astonish
Level 32: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm)
Level 35: Rise From the Ashes (Spreading Flames)
Level 38: Fiery Embrace
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Displacement Acrobatics (Rank 2)
Level 35: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
Ego: Mental Endurance (1/3)
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Aggression (2/2)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Arbiter: Enforcer (2/3)
Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
Arbiter: Concussion (3/3)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Yea, it means that is scales w/ the innate dmg bonus of Ego instead of Str's (which also means that it has the heavily-reduced scaling past a stat of 70). That said, EGO/Dex/Pres should be fine for the build's dps/healer approach, provided you don't need Con SS and aren't having energy issues. If focusing on Dex for the toggle/form, then you'll prob want 3/3 in Ego PSS's 6th Sense, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Yes, I wouldn't be putting in any Ego mods. Just Dex and some Pre. I thought of going Virtuous Gear with him, but for my purposes I think Distinguished Gear might work best. I.e. a Distinguished Gloves of Offense with a Sentinel and Severity mod. The defense piece will have 2 x R7 Growth mods, so I think he should be tough enough. I went with 3/3 Follow Through instead of 6th sense because It seemed like it might be worthwhile to boost severity up since the crit chance was already pretty high.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Ego Blade Frenzy (Instill Doubt, Mental Block), for Dependency, with taps of Ego Blade Astonish, for Sentinel Mastery, makes him pretty invulnerable to QWZ mobs. He just has to worry about being ganked by knocks.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!