test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laser Blade Options

I’m new to this whole discussion board thing and I don’t know the logistics of it I just figured I should post this since I’ve been dealing with it recently:

There is very little customization when it comes to laser blade costume pieces. I just wanted to suggest/request?? that more weapon skins that could be used by the laser blade set were put in game. With the fox at event coming up I was even hoping to get an “imaginary” laser blade piece for a certain concept I thought of but apparently you can only get a “toothpick” piece from what I’ve heard. There’s tons of options for blades and claws and guns etc. Laser blades should get the same treatment!

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    There are a lot of handle options by now from the Nemesis Vendor unlocking the weapons for the Laser Sword also.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Having different looking laser blades, means making every Laser Sword Power to that blade desing. <- reason why the blade is what it is and only the hilt can be changed.
    Prove me wrong. :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    The Laser blade toothpick may be the closest they can get to imaginary weapons for laser swords. I think the glowing toothpick may be part of the power itself rather than a weapon skin and the weapon skins have to work around it. Archery might be similar with it's glowing bow string should the Devs ever attempt an invisible/imaginary weapon skin for it.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    The Laser blade toothpick may be the closest they can get to imaginary weapons for laser swords. I think the glowing toothpick may be part of the power itself rather than a weapon skin and the weapon skins have to work around it. Archery might be similar with it's glowing bow string should the Devs ever attempt an invisible/imaginary weapon skin for it.

There actually is one already, string stays tho as you said. I think to do with being part of the power as you also said, since it gets colored by the power color also and not the Tailor. Exceptions sort of are TK Blades for some reason but also affected by power color.

I do agree tho we need more options, and yes will need work, but people would welcome it. At least work around it like the Unleashed Blades, at least one, is useable on the Laser Swords, same can go for others I say, just needs adjustments, or at least new powers that use different swords that have different shapes, like it can form to the situation.

I mean we have three type of rifles also, Assault, Sub Machine Gun, Sniper, then also in Categories like Gadgeteer, and not all weapons line up with the powers anyway, with the bullets and burst effect appearing a bit away from the gun itself as example. If people are ok with clipping or odd design is their choice, it is always better than no option at all.