test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add Magic Display Mod to Q Store

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
AFAIK, the only way currently to earn the Magic Display mod (the sorcery aggro boost mod) is through 1, maybe 2 missions in the Ladyhawke chain. This means having to do these missions at least 625 times to get a R7 mod. Because almost no one ever does these missions it is nigh impossible to find them in the AH. Seems like they should be added ASAP to the Q store. This is a win-win for the game since it allows more types of characters to tank effectively and it provides more of a Q sink.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    And or add them at least as random drops to those enemies there. Maybe very rare for higher ranked ones, it is very odd how 3 became the standard now. It is like 1 and 2 not even exist as seen with the normal mods seemingly. The mods need desperate reworks as a whole, they are literally made by now to make you buy the Z-Store catalysts. Just because this game not has as much attention as other games not means we should accept such money milking honestly.

I rather have them bring back subs for people which I still not understand why they got rid of that yet people that run it still have it. It just not makes sense. Anyway, I'm getting side tracked, mods as a whole need much fewer ranks and more focus, wince they introduced the mixed ones with two stats and now mods for each damage type for threat shows the mess even more. Threat itself needs a change not a band-aid. This is slowly Warframe all over again for me.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Personally, I can't get all hot and bothered about the mod system itself. Revamping it would take a lot of time and to my mind there are more pressing things to deal with. What is irksome to me is the disparity in the availability of mods. Some of them, like Flame Retardant, Cold Tolerance and Mithridatism rain down us (if ones does cosmics) and most players don't have any use for them. Some mods are tied to alerts and events and are hard to come by, unless those events are running (e.g. Right Eye of the Sapphire Dragon that only comes from Hi Pan).

To get enough Magic Display R3 mods to get a barely adequate R7 mod means running the same two missions every day for nearly a year, which seems carzy. OTOH, during the Winter Event I was able to accumulate 1500+ Clarence mods (the ones for boosting PA damage)

Maybe if there was some obvious rhyme or reason to mod availability it would be less irksome but it seems like the availability issue is a whimsical afterthought, at best. To my mind, all mods should be available in some store all year round, either the scr/gcr store or the Q store.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Fully agreeing on it, them being drops form alert should be more of a bonus at best. And maybe in my eyes since mods flood all by now already, maybe considering more slots for them overall in gear? Make them in more categories at least the threat ones?