test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which attacks get a bonus from Sneak?

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
I know you get bonus damage from Shadow Strike and Ricochet Throw, but what other powers get a bonus from attacking while in stealth? Is there a list somewhere?

Comments

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    All attacks do overall i think, the boomerang attacks get a higher bonus overall, but stealth gives 10% i think to range attacks on the first attack and 20% on melee. No powers i know that get a stealth bonus specifically.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
  • Options
    All attacks do overall i thjink, the boomerang attacks get a higher bonus overall, but stealth gives 10% i think to range attacks on the first attack and 20% on melee. No powers i know that get a stealth bonus specifically.

Ah ok. I was curious because the description says "Some Attacks" which led me to believe only certain ones get bonuses.
  • Options
    dialamx wrote: »
    All attacks do overall i thjink, the boomerang attacks get a higher bonus overall, but stealth gives 10% i think to range attacks on the first attack and 20% on melee. No powers i know that get a stealth bonus specifically.

Ah ok. I was curious because the description says "Some Attacks" which led me to believe only certain ones get bonuses.

Yes, they sort of refer to only those really, why it is described that way i not know, maybe they wanted to plan more, but some other things work i think also, the gas pellats as example i think not remove stealth from you right away as well. Mostly more or less stuff that came with Night Warrior overall and Stealth, mostly gadgeteer things in the Night Warrior AT.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Incorrect information given above.

ONLY Ricochet Throw and Throwing Blades get a bonus when used from stealth. Read the description for Night Warrior, Ricochet Throw and Throwing Blades.

There is no bonus to any other power used while Stealth is active. Night Warrior provides the other bonuses whether you are in stealth or not.

There are some powers that don't break Stealth. But that is not the same thing. I don't have a comprehensive list, but often these are the faux pet powers, such as: Particle Mine, Orbital Cannon, Gas pellets and some others. Faux pet means the damage is coming from something you created and not directly from you.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    Incorrect information given above.

ONLY Ricochet Throw and Throwing Blades get a bonus when used from stealth. Read the description for Night Warrior, Ricochet Throw and Throwing Blades.

There is no bonus to any other power used while Stealth is active. Night Warrior provides the other bonuses whether you are in stealth or not.

There are some powers that don't break Stealth. But that is not the same thing. I don't have a comprehensive list, but often these are the faux pet powers, such as: Particle Mine, Orbital Cannon, Gas pellets and some others. Faux pet means the damage is coming from something you created and not directly from you.​​

Warcanch clarified it better yes, i worded it wrong a bit, english is not my first language and i refered to the Passive itself with the 10% and 20% damge boost overall from stealth.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    All single target attacks get a bonus from Sneak, but the bonus is small enough that it's usually not very noticeable. Certain attacks get additional (quite substantial) bonuses from Sneak.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    All single target attacks get a bonus from Sneak, but the bonus is small enough that it's usually not very noticeable. Certain attacks get additional (quite substantial) bonuses from Sneak.

The main ones to look out for are:
    • Shadow Strike (obviously)
    • Ricochet Throw - Two ricochet effects instead of one. In practice they still both go to the same target so it's basically just doubled ricochet damage.
    • Throwing Blades - A damage increase. Basically the only AoE that gets a benefit from sneak.
    The synergies are there because all these were part of the same update. Gas Pellets also used to have one where it'd generate twice as many Pellets but that was removed because the DPS from them hit cosmics multiple times for disproportionate damage.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    Ok, so Throwing Blades is the only other one. Good to know. Shame something like Dragon's Bite doesn't benefit from it, for that ninja feel.