test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/15/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
The Bloodmoon rises! For the next 3 weeks the Bloodmoon event will be active!
This week kicks off with the Hunters and Lycans clashing!
  • New Mission: Complete the Trickery! mission 5 times. Rewards the Spooky Pumpkin emblem costume.
  • Added the following costumes to the event store: Terror Arms, Tattered Belt, Skull Guitar.
  • Added the following items to the event store: Broomstick Flight unlock. This travel power can be customized by going into the tailor.
  • Added the following items to the event store: Broomstick Flight device. Unlocking the travel power (you don't have to own the travel on the character, it just needs to be unlocked) will grant you access to broom customization on the device version.
  • Zombie costume items will now only drop in Crypts (previously could drop from Halloween Treat Bag).
  • Cardboard costume items will now only drop from Trick or Treaters (previously was in the event store).
  • Zombie Idle 1 and 2 will now only drop from Halloween Treat Bags (previously was in the event store).
  • Murder of Crows, Zombie and Vampire costume transformations will now only drop from undead Heroes (previously was in the event store).
  • Added perks for lighting pumpkins scattered around Millennium City and Vibora Bay.
  • Added perk for collecting the 4 Ghost Hunter costume items (these pieces will be released through out the event).
  • Added perks for collecting the Bloodmoon emotes and Costume Transformations.

ZEN Store
Ghost Hunter Key Pack
This pack will be available until Monday, 10am.
Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10 Keys
  • 1x Ghost Hunter Jumpsuit costume

Perks
  • Event Perks that required you to trade in costumes now check to see if you have them unlocked instead.

Onslaught
  • Updated event open mission areas to disable the use of Onslaught powers while in the open mission area (and for some time after exiting). This does not remove you from Onslaught mode, just prevents you from using any of your attacks.

Questionite
  • The Toxic Rocket weapon system will be available in the store while the Bloodmoon event is active.

Devices
  • Made a bunch of under the hood changes to most devices. This change does not impact device performance in any way, but if you notice a device acting differently than it was prior to this change please report it.
  • Fixed an issue where the Flamethrower device automatically slotted itself in your power tray.

Recognition Store
  • Added Ghosthunter Phase Rifle power variant device to the recognition store. This requires the Who Ya Gonna Call? (collect the Ghost Hunter costume set) perk to purchase.
  • Added Flaming Pumpkin power variant device to the recognition store. This requires the Guiding Light (light 100 pumpkins) perk to purchase.
  • Both devices can be traded once purchased.

Misc
  • Change to help with game performance.
  • Added perk for collecting all Vigilante costume pieces.
​​

Comments

• speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Added perks for collecting the Bloodmoon emotes and Costume Transformations.
    Something tells me that those account wide transformations unlocks are gonna be bugged... again​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    I won't lie, I'm a little more excited than I was before,... Between the broom AND the 'GhostHunter' costume?
    Time to make some mischief! (And maybe a couple of new toons!) :)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Is one of the 4 pieces the costume from the key pack that is only available for a few days right now? If so, I foresee much bitter gnashing of teeth down the line for those who didn't realize this.
    Bloodmoon
    [*] Added perk for collecting the 4 Ghost Hunter costume items (these pieces will be released through out the event).

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Lighting up those pumpkins. Mission? Contact? Only perks?
    Added Ghosthunter Phase Rifle power variant device to the recognition store. This requires the Who Ya Gonna Call? (collect the Ghost Hunter costume set) perk to purchase.
    Added Flaming Pumpkin power variant device to the recognition store. This requires the Guiding Light (light 100 pumpkins) perk to purchase.
    Both devices can be traded once purchased
    Which one?
    CRVendor....

Ok, shorten the cooldown on the jack-o-lanters, make then usable once per week.... :#
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Recognition Store
    • Added Ghosthunter Phase Rifle power variant device to the recognition store. This requires the Who Ya Gonna Call? (collect the Ghost Hunter costume set) perk to purchase.
    • Added Flaming Pumpkin power variant device to the recognition store. This requires the Guiding Light (light 100 pumpkins) perk to purchase.
    ​​

These items require gold recognition and therefor are useless to me.
    Why not just in QStore?
    Something to sink all the Q, since Paperback is...poops.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Don't say 'under the hood' but say what devices and changes are.

Always love new types of travel powers and finally long awaited back arms. Could say that these are very tiny game changers for me in a sense.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Its nice that we can get the perk without going full dread, just like that monster cat perk. Cant wait to test out the device.

Bug?
    Vibora Bay's pumpkin seem to lag a bit before it count towards the perk.

"Bind on Equip" means you will certainly see some in the AH, so not necessarily useless to you.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Recognition Store
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • klytustrueklytustrue Posts: 38 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    "Bind on Equip" means you will certainly see some in the AH, so not necessarily useless to you.
    Recognition Store
    ​​

Of course, since it requires GOLD CR, it's gonna cost you...

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
    edited October 2020
    God forbids giving GCR more value and adding new items to the SCR/GCR store as it has been requested and has been collecting dust
    It been so long since DEVs added items to the vendor, it felt that it was yet another abandomed currency vendor (just like Nemesis)

The only downside is that you have to wait the whole month for the next event weeks to get access to the other 3 Ghosthunter costumes for the required perk
    On top of that as I said on PTS, The Ghosthunter Phase Rifle is a great addition and you can easily make a valiable DPS Theme build with it
    hiFsJT9.gif
    Is one of the 4 pieces the costume from the key pack that is only available for a few days right now? If so, I foresee much bitter gnashing of teeth down the line for those who didn't realize this
    I agree, pretty strechy availability, I was expecting the pack to be available for all the bloodmoon duration, and there will be plenty of people who don't even know what is going on with the perk requirement​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Recognition Store
    ​​

klytustrue wrote: »
    Recognition Store
    ​​

Of course, since it requires GOLD CR, it's gonna cost you...

We really need more ways for GCR, UNITY missions should give at least with its last mission some, some solo options simply would be nice as dailies since lairs are dumb by now to coordinate and monster week not helps also with people more fighting in chat or trolling then doing those bosses.
    It might be time to buy a few of those keypack outfits now. I'd probably be able to sell them at a handsome profit near the end of the event to all the poor souls who either didn't know about it, figure it out, or weren't able to log in at this time.
    avianos wrote: »
    I agree, pretty strechy availability, I was expecting the pack to be available for all the bloodmoon duration, and there will be plenty of people who don't even know what is going on with the perk requirement​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I completed the Guiding Light perk on one character yesterday. Today I don't see the perk available on my other characters?
    edited October 2020
    I completed the Guiding Light perk on one character yesterday. Today I don't see the perk available on my other characters?
    Guiding Light perk is not account wide perk, its character based! If you want it on another character(s) you need to light 100 pumpkins on them too

Only the "Who you gonna call" is account wide since it's tied with costume unlocks​​
    I thought that was the case but I don't see the perk to know how many pumpkins I've lit so far. Yesterday I could see the perk and the status before I hit 100.
    I thought that was the case but I don't see the perk to know how many pumpkins I've lit so far. Yesterday I could see the perk and the status before I hit 100.
    Every perk progress has different names so to keep track you need to actively scroll and find it
    logging on a character makes Perks take forever to load!
    I think the first perk can take 3-4 pumpkins until it appears

10 - Jack-o'-Lantern
    50 - Lost Soul
    100 - Guiding Light
    250 - Pumpkin King (the perk also unlocks the Pumpkin Queen title for people who are interested)​​
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Not sure if this is a bug, or an intentional choice to give more value to the emote unlocks, but currently the Plagued and Lurker titles for having the idle zombie emotes will not be given to any characters who receive the emotes from having them unlocked account-wide via the Deader and Good and Dead perks.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Yet to see how annoying it will be to get the full costume set for ghost hunter, but I like that the new PVDs aren't being locked to limited time RNG like the Qularr Rifle was. Makes it much less frustrating than farming for the entire event and still not getting it. So thanks for that. :)
    Ahhhh! Thank you avianos!! I saw the Jack-o'-Lantern perk but didn't see that there was a 50 perk in between that and the Guiding Light perk.
    Recognition Store
    ​​

at 300 silver and 150 gold I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to see many at the AH and certainly not at prices I'm willing to pay.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    at 300 silver and 150 gold I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to see many at the AH and certainly not at prices I'm willing to pay.
    For something that's from a store, you're probably better off making an agreement to purchase and then someone will buy it from the store, but I'd expect a price of a few hundred G.
    For something that's from a store, you're probably better off making an agreement to purchase and then someone will buy it from the store, but I'd expect a price of a few hundred G.

Look, I play games to have fun and relax, that's the main reason I've completely written off GCR in the first place, I'm not interested in making contracts to buy items that I'm not willing to put the ridiculous amount of effort the devs deemed required to acquire these items. I'm willing to accept that this fun stuff goes to try hards who take the game very seriously and folks like me that just want to goof around and not do the hard content get passed over. When I log in I want to play the game, not wait around for enough people to start a mission, make plans, and when I play a hero game I kind of want to feel heroic.

I've already written this stuff off, although I do appreciate the suggestion, but I know this stuff wasn't designed for players like me so I'm not even going to bother with it. I'm sure someone is going to make a lot of G off of this.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Yet to see how annoying it will be to get the full costume set for ghost hunter, but I like that the new PVDs aren't being locked to limited time RNG like the Qularr Rifle was. Makes it much less frustrating than farming for the entire event and still not getting it. So thanks for that. :)

The toxic rifle wasn't the hard one to get. Some of those costume unlocks, however... Let's just say I'm over halfway to my second Live, Die, Repeat perk, and i still had to trade for half the costume pieces.
    edited October 2020
    Zombie Idle 1 and 2 will now only drop from Halloween Treat Bags (previously was in the event store).
    It appears one unlock gets your character both Emotes, but not the perk progress of the other! (the other emote item can still be used for the perk progress)

I unlocked the emote on a brand new character and suddenly both Idles were available (none of them are account wide yet)
    Not sure if this is a bug, or an intentional choice to give more value to the emote unlocks, but currently the Plagued and Lurker titles for having the idle zombie emotes will not be given to any characters who receive the emotes from having them unlocked account-wide via the Deader and Good and Dead perks.

ALSO THIS ^​​
    So anyone notice that (35 x 7)+50=295?

So if you're just doing the Trickery and the 5 mission reward, you're going to be 5 Credits short of unlocking the cheapest costume piece? Feels a bit like trolling.
    I think you can get tokens from trick or treat monsters as well, which should cover the missing 5, even if there's an expectation for getting 300+ tokens in week 1 without doing BITE missions or Zombie Apocalypse. I have 156 tokens after doing 4 Trickery missions. So a 16 token pickup without actively farming for them.
    It goes for 3 weeks and isn't the trick or treat part something that players can keep doing, like finding Foxbats, rescuing cats and so on, for the entire time?

So if you're just doing the Trickery and the 5 mission reward, you're going to be 5 Credits short of unlocking the cheapest costume piece? Feels a bit like trolling.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    It goes for 3 weeks and isn't the trick or treat part something that players can keep doing, like finding Foxbats, rescuing cats and so on, for the entire time?

Also, you can do ZA with a daily for 20 coins per day. ZA only takes a minute or two (depending on how stupid the survivors are being - there's no point in trying to survive, it's 5 coins + daily completion either way). I recommend suicide by zombie and then helping the zombie player convince any recalcitrant heroes to die.

It's not really pvp if death is the goal.
  • slibbers2012slibbers2012 Posts: 13 Arc User
    how do you collect the other Ghost Hunter pieces? I've seen nothing so far except the key pack
    edited October 2020
    Added perk for collecting the 4 Ghost Hunter costume items (these pieces will be released through out the event).
    The Bloodmoon rises! For the next 3 weeks the Bloodmoon event will be active!