test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cartoon Hands/Feet

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
edited September 2020 in Suggestions Box
One thing I've always wanted, but know we'll never see, is a Stretchy power set. Still, I made a stretchy character anyway, the new neck and chest sliders really helped. I chose might, and gave him the Big Hands aura as a combat aura, so it looks like his fists are stretching really big when he punches.

But then I started thinking, what else can we do to represent stretchy powers, without actually stretching? A common thing in the comics is a stretchy hero being able to alter the shape of any body part to become something else. So the ability to change your fists into other objects, like old cartoons, seemed appropriate. While we have some costume pieces (Mace Hands for example) that we can use, you'd have to set up keybinds to switch to that costume during combat, and switch back to normal when done, which is annoying.

The solution, though I'm not entirely sure is possible, is Cartoon Hands/Feet aura. It's a combat aura, like the Visualizer aura, so it only activates during attacks. The Hands aura is meant for people playing with fist based melee attacks. The Feet aura is meant for Unarmed MA kick attacks. These auras will create a random object on your hands or feet, to give the appearance they are morphing into the object. Some of the random objects could include a Toilet, an Anvil, a Large Chunk of Rock, a Mallet, a Mace, a Brick Wall, a MASSIVE Fist (Bigger than even the big hands aura, for Hands), a Giant Foot (for the foot aura), and maybe some more comedic themed items like a Rubber Chicken, a Pillow, a Christmas Present, and a Bag of Trash.

The only reason I figured this might be possible is due to the Visualizer Aura, the Earth Power Set, and the updated TK power. The Visualizer aura shows we can have a combat aura that will change randomly. The Earth power set shows we can have objects that are connected to, and cover, our fists during combat. The TK power shows we can have random world objects generated during combat. If there's a way to combine all three, then the aura works.