test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nemesis System

kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
Hey there!

Can we make it able to allow to use the factions in the CO universe as minions? I would like to make a VIPER nemesis and use the agents as minions. Would be pretty neat!

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Seconded.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I want clowns.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I'd like to see the Devs really try this.
    Like really.
    Who cares if it fargs up the Nemesis Sytsem. It's borked all ready.
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    This has long been suggested.

I know that I wanted both the actual factions and for them to re-color the various faction agents for a variety of generic groups (for example, re-color Viper agents of whatever types and call them "Agents", re-color Argent agents and call them "Cyborgs", re-color Gadroon and call them "Extraterrestrials", and so on).

But I won't be holding my breath.

I've pretty much given up on this game, and why not? Seems like Cryptic gave up on it a long time ago.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    I want clowns.​​
    So do I. A group of rogue clowns under the command of the Crimson Cranium would be a wonderful set of opponents for Captain Americlown.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    I would love if they touched this system again.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    They did touch it. With the Gender Change button.

PTS.
    Removed change body type button from the Nemesis creator to address issues it was causing.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    That's poking it with a stick.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I suspect the nemesis system is probably one of those tricky things that was poorly implemented before our current devs were around. I figure they're probably afraid that touching it will break things, considering that small changes before have caused huge bugs like weird health pools and nems vanishing mid fight.

That said, it would be cool to see these new ideas added. Even customized minions if possible.
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Probably. Still, I'd like to see them try.

One thing I'd like to see added would be weapon skins: if I have a Single Weapon Nemesis called "Dagger", I want him to be wielding a dagger, not a sword. I used to be able to do this by creating a costume using the regular tailor, saving it, and then loading it in the Nemesis tailor; but ever since they updated it, I can't load hero custumes in the Nemesis tailor anymore.

It would also be nice if there was a way to place Auras on my Nemesis.

The above changes shouldn't be too hard: the former is merely a matter of telling the Nemesis Tailor what powers the Nemesis has so that it can make the right options available in the Weapons tab; and the latter would involve putting an Auras tab in the Nemesis Tailor. There are two other changes I'd like to see made that would require a bit more effort, though:

1. a Travel Power for the Nemesis. I want my "Reverse Flash" style Nemesis to be a speedster, which means a Superspeed TP; and I want my winged Nemesis to be able to fly. That would require updating the Nemesis AI to know how to take the TP into account.

2. Archetype-based Nemeses. This would require a massive rewrite of the Nemesis AI, with each Archetype having its own programming based on how the Archetype in question is supposed to work. I would replace the current powers choice with this, as virtually every power set now has at least one Archetype associated with it, and existing Nemeses could easily have the existing power set choice swapped out for a "default" Archetype.
    How about a day where every Alert around the clock is a Nemsis alert! Cap on tokens after so many appearances?

Sometimes I wonder why I invest anytime at all in designing the look of each Nemesis since most of the time you never see them, unless you run the Nemesis Confrontation a lot.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    A bit off topic but worth bringing up:

The only issue I have with the current nem system is that nem tokens are extremely hard to come by unless you're constantly running nemesis stuff. The gladiator costumes are 1000 tokens and you only get single digit rewards for anything nemesis based. Meaning it takes literally hundreds of nemesis missions, nemcons, and STEs to earn one costume piece.

I don't mind it taking a lot of effort but this is ridiculous. It's quicker to get actual endgame gear than that.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    How about a day where every Alert around the clock is a Nemsis alert! Cap on tokens after so many appearances?

Sometimes I wonder why I invest anytime at all in designing the look of each Nemesis since most of the time you never see them, unless you run the Nemesis Confrontation a lot.

I'd like to see an "Onslaught Villain: Nemesis" token: instead of becoming Gravitar, Grond, or Medusa, you become your own Nemesis. Possibly replace the usual Onslaught Villain currency reward with a Nemesis Token reward when doing so; but otherwise run it just like Supervillain Onslaught. (Of course, you'd have to have an active Nemesis to use it...)
    But the OSV system is dead. Nothing new has been added since the first months in which it came out. I do agree it would be nice to have a bit quicker way of getting Tokens to buy the Nemesis store costume pieces.
    JwLmWoa.png
    The OSV system is stagnant. I think being able to play your Nemesis as an Onslaught Villain could potentially reinvigorate both: it would bring the customization of the Nemesis system to Onslaught so that it's not just the same three villains over and over and over again, and it would give players a chance to showcase their Nemeses out in the open maps, instead of them being sequestered to a handful of missions that are only available to your hero and whoever he teams up with and the rare alert that (aside from likewise being restricted in who sees it) may not even feature your Nemesis.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

I'd like to see an "Onslaught Villain: Nemesis" token: instead of becoming Gravitar, Grond, or Medusa, you become your own Nemesis. Possibly replace the usual Onslaught Villain currency reward with a Nemesis Token reward when doing so; but otherwise run it just like Supervillain Onslaught. (Of course, you'd have to have an active Nemesis to use it...)

But onslaught villains have totally custom powers.
    To do something like this would require that they design a set of "onslaught powers" for every power selection available to our various nemeses.

I'm sure that they could crank out a 7-8 foot tall version of someone's nemesis with few problems, but making all of those new powers? That would take a lot of time to get even close to right.

I'd be fine with a total re-work of the nemesis system; Erase the whole thing, including every nemesis I have for every character and start over from scratch with however much of the old ideas that want to keep along with whatever new elements they want to add.

Of course, I know that that isn't going to happen because they do not have the resources to do such a thing.

Can't fix the old code, can't get rid of it and insert something else.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Factions would be great. Minion customization (even if limited), even better!
    Also, RENAME and DELETE features for Nemesis would be appreciated.