test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make AOED available for DPS role and AORP for TANK Role - For future Sorcery Auras changes

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Suggestions Box
Worth a Shot!
NOTE: This suggestion DOES NOT include Include Aura of Arcane Clarity and Aura or Primal Majesty for a good reason

For those who aren't aware, Telepathy has a Unique Hybrid Passive called Congress of Selves, This passive allows it to be used in DPS, Tank and Support roles without limitation! It's the only Unique passive in the game with this attribute.
Now the recent Sorcery Aura change's plan is to retire PRESENCE-Exlusive-scaling on Sorcery auras for Support and make those auras only benefit the user and not allies in HYBRID role (The changes are now reverted back to normal until further revisit)

What Would I want to do is take this a chance to expand the Sorcery Passives' potential
  • Aura of Ebon Destruction can be slotted in DPS role
    With AOED Now you also have another option for DPS Passive for Builds who use multi-powerframes damage! For example my Warlock DPS use Fire-Darkness-Magic and my Elementalist user Fire-Ice-Electricity-Crushing damage! No passive allows Boost for those particular combo of damage types! (except Storm Bringer for Elementalist, but sacrifices the Fire part which is important) So what the options for those Builds? Use either Quarry, which mostly flavours Physical Damage) or Night Warrior who boost all Ranged Damage types equally

Only Melee has a big amount of Flexibility with Passives which boost all Melee damage, now if only we had actual Elemental Melee Powers as well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AOED's system is that you have all damage bonus equally and when you critical hit you get additional magic damage
    I remember seeing Theme builds in forums while trying to find Elementalists using AOED as All-damage passive
  • Aura of Radiant Protection can be slotted in TANK role
    Believe it or not there is (or was) a Niche Theme build for Paladins who would use Radiant Protection in Hybrid Role and try tanking with it, Now this kind of build is kind of obsolete with the current Endgame Meta and optimization!
    This also brings a New TANK passive to the table, more tanking options

Note: The only issue I find with this is the long running bug of AORP from hybrid roles combined with AORP from Support roles causing Block to stop working. Which something tells me the Sorcery change was also made in order to fix this bug as mell 🤔
Note: The passives get more DPS (AOED) and RESISTANCE (AORP) bonuses when slotted on their respective Roles! AORP can get extra resistance and knock in TANK

Why not just use those passives in Hybrid Role
  • Hybrid is Gross for endgame (with the exception of Tanks in Hybrids)
  • DPS in Hybrid role is a walking Contradiction
  • And the ATs stuck in Hybrid role always suffer

Think of the Possibilities and Build Theme flexibilities of making those two auras in DPS and Tanks respectively!
You can make DPS-Healers and DPS-Tanks much easier, take good advantage of the Multi Freeform Build and Change your role!
Sorcery nows gets a new DPS and Tanking passive and it's able to have it's own Tanking System

If those passives cannot be converted into Hybrid Passives the other option, or you are afraid the PowerCreep DPS who use AOED and switch on Support role to boost their allies for free, sacrificing their personal DPS doing so
Then there is a second option, just make two new DPS and TANK passives which are just copy of them and can only be used in their respective roles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Support system in CO is Already very boring and the game Punish you for trying to be a DPS-Healer hybrid
587.png
I know it's stupid suggestion, I just want more Interesting FF builds which are viable for Endgame​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I support this idea, but I think in their respective roles, the passives should do something more than just "more damage and more resistance." I guess AoED could double down on the crit lightning somehow. But AoRP could use something to keep it from being Defiance 2.0.
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Honestly, it looks like a great suggestion.

To add a bit to it, all auras (and Medical Nanites):
    -they could go in all roles;
    -the baseline value scales with SS;
    -the team part does not scale with SS but is a fixed % of the baseline value.

>Hybrid Role (preserves team functionality of the auras, focus on personal return):
    Aura personal component is 100% (baseline value that scales with SS).
    Aura team component is 20-25% (or something similar) of the baseline value.

>Rng/Melee DMG role (lose team component and add dmg):
    Aura personal component is 100%.
    You get an additional Damage (melee/ranged) from the passive (lower than most passives, 20% or similar).
    Aura team component is 0% of the baseline value.

>Tank Role (lose team component and add dmg res):
    Aura personal component is 100%.
    You get an additional Damage Resistance from the passive (lower than most passives, 20% or similar).
    Aura team component is 0% of the baseline value.

>Support Role (focus on sharing the aura):
    Aura personal component is 50% of the baseline value.
    Aura team component is 100% of the baseline value.

• Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Now that they started to screw the sorcery auras then right, let screw them even further and kick completely the support part and make these auras as dps or tank passives. Well anything except support !
  • Options
    No one here wants to screw the auras.... You might actually boost the support aspect even further 80% Self / 120% group or something.

But in general, even if you keep them as they are I think that removing the PRE scaling aspect would be a good idea to add more diversity to builds...

• Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @holloweaver said:
    > Now that they started to screw the sorcery auras then right, let screw them even further and kick completely the support part and make these auras as dps or tank passives. Well anything except support !

Don't get me wrong, I want auras for support characters more than anyone else. I've been watching the potential aura changes and I want to make sure support role still gets what it deserves.

However, from the hybrid point of view, I think it would make more sense to have the auras work in other roles to function as a more efficient version of the proposed hybrid auras. But not suggesting any changes to support here, just additional options for non-supports.
  • Options
    Hybrid role is the default role.

So let be clear what it means.
    From now on, the default behavior of AoAC will be : zero team bonus, no aura.

Secondly, it'll be impossible to stat-check the scaling of AoAC anymore. We'll have absolute numbers in Support Role that can't be compared and checked in a different role.
    Absolute numbers are falsified facts.
    This change will falsify AoAC as a support passive.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ((double post, sorry)
  • Options
    No one here wants to screw the auras.... You might actually boost the support aspect even further 80% Self / 120% group or something.

But in general, even if you keep them as they are I think that removing the PRE scaling aspect would be a good idea to add more diversity to builds...

The numbers are actually the opposite : 77% before, 22% after.
    It doesn't add any diversity. A contrario, it removes all diversity of sorcery auras in Hybrid role.
  • Options
    Hybrid role is the default role.

So let be clear what it means.
    From now on, the default behavior of AoAC will be : zero team bonus, no aura.

Secondly, it'll be impossible to stat-check the scaling of AoAC anymore. We'll have absolute numbers in Support Role that can't be compared and checked in a different role.
    Absolute numbers are falsified facts.
    This change will falsify AoAC as a support passive.

Well the changes in the PTS were horrible in nubers, we all agree on that.
    But what the OP suggested (and I seconded) was something completely different (Monthy Phyton jokes aside).

• Options
    edited July 2020
    In the actual context, "take good advantage of the Multi Freeform Build and Change your role" (sic) will never happen as the dev(s) is doing the exact opposite, i.e; remove ALL advantages in Hybrid role.

But if you like out-of-context suggestions that can never happen, I'm sure I can suggest you a dozen of fun, nice and awesome stuff !
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    In the actual context, "take good advantage of the Multi Freeform Build and Change your role" (sic) will never happen as the dev(s) is doing the exact opposite, i.e; remove ALL advantages in Hybrid role.

But if you like out-of-context suggestions that can never happen, I'm sure I can suggest you a dozen of fun, nice and awesome stuff!
    1. We have been knowing this, years now
    2. You just described the Suggestions Box, the Graveyard of Ideas and What If Scenarios
    3. It's just a Suggestion, not the 100% Next power update and I doubt Kaiserin will take this seriously
    https://youtu.be/8pH8150Ht7Q​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!