test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blocking and buffs working unreliably until completely broke.

kilpurikilpuri Posts: 6 Arc User
Ingame buffs begin to act weirdly the more time passes. As blocking is a status effect given as a buff, it is also affected.

Blocking becomes unreliable the longer a player stays in a single zone. Form stacks start to expire on their own until completely being unusable. Defiance stacks are not granted correctly until completely gone. Travel powers stop working.

While normal gameplay is rarely affected by this with the player constantly hopping from alert to alert and various dungeons. It can manifest at cosmics, more notably in Monster island where some players might wait for Ape to respawn for a good while and after proceeding to Dino, if no second is open. Once the time spent in a zone near 2h, minor instances of buffs disappearing begin to manifest with the severity worsening the longer you stay.

I clocked 2 hours and 20 minutes in millennium city the other day, before everything was absolutely broke to the point of unusability.
I have reason the believe mild effects are present before 2h mark as the effect gradually worsens.

It's easiest visualized by having any form at rank 3 and a block with a good visual. You will start to see the buff being lost and gained despite holding block, as it begins to flicker on and off on it's own. Form stacks begin to fail being granted sometimes leaving you with 2 or less, until completely disappearing.

Thankfully easily avoidable by hopping maps once before engaging cosmics. Had me scratching my head why block just flat out refused to work at times despite character holding their hand up to block as block buff was never given.

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    This sounds very much like problems CO had in the past with certain passives and big boss fights. There is a limit to the number of effects (buffs, debuffs, DoT, etc) allowed on any entity. So it sounds like some of the effects placed on you aren't getting removed properly. If you want to get this fixed you'll probably have to figure out what effect that is.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Confirming that the issue is still active.
    I'm not sure about the timing, I wasn't expecting this bug to happen so I didn't checked precisely when it happened. Possibly after 3 hours without changing zone.

Champions-nobuff002.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    WTF This happened to me recently during the DEV's Costume Content!

My character constantly kept stripped away from his Passive, Toggle, Travel Power and Energy Unlock until I left the Theater!

and when i said this on a private chat, nobody had any interest on this bug
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    There's now a screenshot to prove it.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Which is weird, because in previous DEV's CC i didn't had this issue!
    Especially on one which I ended up sitting in the Theater for 4-5 hours

But on the last Content, at the end I realized he had everything removed from him
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kilpurikilpuri Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Here's a little update to this same bug.
    If you let it run long enough, eventually damage and healing stops registering at all in addition to buffs breaking.
    And this is hugely exploitable imo, because you yourself can still damage players and enemies just fine. For example, you will not get flagged for OV combat.

With 3x enrage stacks + defiant, you get to this point in some 2-3h. It starts happening gradually, until the game just gives up.

See for yourselves.

Edit: https://gfycat.com/chiefunfitammonite
    Post edited by kilpuri on