test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No day/date on CC article

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11476303

I'm really happy to see some love for the classics :)

Is this CC happening today, @ambassadorkael#6946 ?
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Discovered it's next week. Article changed to reflect this :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Hmm, what are the odds of having some more theme-specific Dev contests in the near future? "Classic" is pretty vague.

Sept 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day (we have Pirate costume pieces; good excuse to release at shoulder sitting parrot before hand).

Oct 9 is Leif Erickson (everyone like Vikings, right?)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • classic is vague, but silver age (which is in the article's name) is less vague​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    This is one CC I'd really like to go to but they're always starting when I have to be at work.

That said, more of this, please.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
    edited July 2020
    I hear the date may be getting changed to a different one than on the article
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Hmm, what are the odds of having some more theme-specific Dev contests in the near future? "Classic" is pretty vague.

Um, read the article?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Finally, a costume contest I will feel confident about entering considering my first CO hero is a silver ager. B)
  • Also Kael misspelled Millennium.
  • he misspells many things...but that one i'll go easy on, because i've done it myself a few times - it's like satellite and bureaucracy; they always trip me up​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    This contest has made me really notice how lacking we are for 60s hairstyles for women. No Jacky Kennedy bob, none of the 60s 'big hair' dos, and few if any options for medium-long hair which curls out at the bottom. The only hairstyle that feels even 60s-inspired is the longer spy hair (probably because it used old Bond films for inspiration). Considering how pop-culture aware comics were at the time, not having access to key hairstyles is pretty crippling for female silver age characters.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    We don’t have ethnic hairstyles except for like some for like a couple dreads and such...

But good lord, the anime hairs
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    There's a pretty fair medium afro, as seen on Hypernova:

[img][/img]Hypernova-2.jpg
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I am aware of all the hairstyles in the game.
  • I want Elastigirl's hair style to exist in CO.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I was complaining about the lack of women's hairstyles for the silver age era. It's a nice medium afro, but not having a jacky kennedy bob is almost inexcusable.

And you might also notice women's ethnic hairstyles are pretty much non-existent.
    edited July 2020
    And you might also notice women's ethnic hairstyles are pretty much non-existent.

It's the same for both male and female characters. There is a real lack of black ethnic hairstyles and the ones we do have are the few tired old crappy ones like the afro on the toon earlier in this thread..... come on Cryptic, it's high time.

To get a decent hairstyle for my latest gal I had perform some real hair gymnastics in the tailor...

lbGnqsY.png

zrdRBy8.png
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

It's the same for both male and female characters. There is a real lack of black ethnic hairstyles and the ones we do have are the few tired old crappy ones like the afro on the toon earlier in this thread..... come on Cryptic, it's high time.

To get a decent hairstyle for my latest gal I had perform some real hair gymnastics in the tailor...

lbGnqsY.png

Now THAT is very nice!! Loving it, but sad to see you had to do gymnastics for it.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Yeahh...if you didn't already know..umm..ethnic styles are more than just an afro(crazy! But I swear it's true!)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »

Yeahh...if you didn't already know..umm..ethnic styles are more than just an afro(crazy! But I swear it's true!)

I was responding to the claim that there were "no ethnic hairstyles" aside from braids. "Not enough to suit me" isn't the same as "none".

(There's also cornrows, but I don't care for the fact that there's nothing but scalp between the braids - should be a surface of tight "hair" following the surface of the skull.)

As for "gymnastics in the Tailor", you ought to see some of what my wife puts herself through when she doesn't want one of her wigs! :smiley: (She can't sit for long weaves any more, between the fibro and the lupus...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I didn’t say none.