test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GameClient.exe stops responding

I've been playing this game with no problems for several years. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Now all of the sudden, when I start the game client and click on "play", the screen goes black and a blue loading circle just spins forever. When I start the task manager to look at the exe process, it says that the GameClient.exe is not responding. I tried to uninstall both the game and ARC. I tried changing the compatibility mode as well as running both championsonline.exe and gameclient.exe as administrator. With that I can get to the screen where I put in my log in details, but it just sits there and tries to connect to the account servers. Eventually it stops and says that it timed out and I cant log into my characters. I have emailed cryptic in hopes this can be fixed, but I am coming here to see if anyone knows anything that can help me.

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    im having the same issue with my laptop, my old cdrom exe doesnt work and the arc client just spins a little circle in a sectioned off invisible box that holds my screen up. im not able to play the game

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.