test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pet and Sidekick Blocking, and the Ultamate Sidekick Device.

jranonjranon Posts: 24 Arc User
Two ideas here, because I'm lazy and don't want to make two posts...

Idea 1.
Is to just give pets and sidekicks an extra button that will toggle a state where they will block when you do. Their block will do the same thing that a normal hero's block will do (as in while blocking it will keep them from using other powers, slowing their movement and all that).

This to make pets and sidekicks a bit more viable, along with helping pet builds be a more viable option.

Idea 2.
Is to make a device that allows players to choose one of their superheros to make a sidekick out of them. Allowing the device to choose the same hero you're playing on would be up for debate...and probably wouldn't be a thing, even if clones would make total sense (looking at you Mr. Gemini).

The device would simply use the same stats, costumes and powers of the chosen hero.

When first using the device, after choosing a hero, you will be given a prompt to choose which build of the chosen hero to use (the costume will simply be chosen by the build). It will also show you the powers of the chosen hero and let you choose a number of powers that will be auto cast.

When choosing a power that will be auto cast, each power chosen will be given a number (or put into a priority slot), the powers with lower numbers (or lower numbered slots) will be given priority and used if they are available or not on cool-down (Just as a note: this should be explained when the player is choosing which powers to auto cast).

Each power that is not a passive, an energy builder, a block (if the first idea is added to the game), or selected to be auto cast, will be put into a bar (like the pet bar) for the player to click on whenever the player chooses to activate it.

Right-clicking the device when it's not slotted could bring up each of the options again.

Choosing to change the selected hero will cost something (unless the selected hero is deleted).

I think that's everything I have for the second idea, but I'll update things if I missed something.
I don't think the second idea will ever happen, but just putting it out there for the sake of hope and dreams and for people to comment on, share or whatever.

I do think the first idea could have some hope of actually being put into the game though.

You know what to do: Comment about which ideas you like, dislike, and give some criticism if you feel like either of the ideas needs some.
Tagged: