test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Triggering the Serene Abyss missions

senzsunsenzsun Posts: 70 Arc User
Hello there

I have one character for whom the Serene Abyss serial will not trigger. He has now completed Unknowable twice.
All my other characters have been given the missions automatically without any problem.
Does anybody know of any hidden trigger I might have missed? Destroying Ka's desk or something? I tried teaming up to enter the mission arc but it tells me the mission can't be shared.
All help appreciated!
===================================

I am not bad at punctuation!
MMORPGs are just bad at recognizing non QWERTY. :#

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    I'm having this same situation. Completed Unknowable 2x and still nothing to follow up.

I wish they'd rework the contacts for this. Running to Ladyhawke in 2 different locales (and under a tree at the Ravenwood academy seems a strange choice for one), Dr. Ka in a 3rd and a bland looking box in a 4th is just unwieldy, especially when you have to wait a day for each new part the first time through on a new character. It's a nice enough little arc of 6 missions, but not so amazingly special that it needs this degree of fussiness. I personally wish we could just run all 6 missions in one go right from the start. Kind of feels like how we had to do VBA before VB no matter how many times we'd done it on other characters.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Okay, I have been away for a while and when I came back I had Ladyhawke send me an invitation to help. So I helped.

Now I was wondering why I didn't get an invite for the second part after two days of waiting, and started wondering if I would have to wait a week before I could do the next chapter.

Now I hear that they scattered the contacts to the four winds with no notice and no good reason?

Somehow that makes sense for this game, though.

Guess I should log in and at least take a look. I have been sitting over at the lab door, dejected that no one answers when I knock.

Edit: Yay. I found Ladyhawke. Dr. Ka? Not so much. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I'll ask in-game but who thought that hiding contacts was a good idea?
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
    Okay... So Ka is in Mods and Fusion, and there is a radio next to Irwin that I guess becomes a thing later on.

Were there missions given to talk to the right contacts the first time around? I am wondering how long it took people to find these things if they were left to discover them on their own the first time around.

Anyway, I have things covered now, I guess, but this was far too difficult. KA should have contacted me as soon as that next mission was available and given me a mission to talk to him, making locating him much easier.
    I keep wondering how many people are going to have the patience to do this set of missions more than once,what with the amount of time you have to spend waiting to get the next mission and the quirky and not always obvious locations of the contact.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    I did them on 1 character. I can't tell if I'm "done" or need one more.

I defeated ... big lemurian guy. But, never had to fight Dr Ka, which is something I recall seeing in the forums. Or, if I did, it was earlier. Don't ask me how many missions I did as I did not do them on consecutive days. I think I did the series over a 3 - 4 week period, so memory was hazy about the last thing done and who to go see next.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • senzsunsenzsun Posts: 70 Arc User
    OP here again. The problem for me isn't finding the contacts. I figured those out after completing both arcs with the first three or four of my characters.
    But in each of those cases, after Unknowable, I got a Ladyhawke pop-up telling me to go to the lab where she was with Ka. With this one character, however, I'm still waiting two weeks later. I have a subsequent character who has finished Unknowable and for whom the Ladyhawke pop-up duly arrived. I made sure to observe whether I'd done anything special to trigger it, but it seems like I didn't.

I'm guessing that you went to the lab and checked the door?

Maybe just re-run everything? Start from the beginning, do all four of her missions again, and then see if you get the pop-up.

Heck, maybe if you just get into the lab to finish up a mission Dr. Ka will be there and you will be able to skip ahead and start the Serene Abyss that way.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    I suppose you did all the Ladyhawke's missions?
    I've noticed that the entrance menu in front of the lab can sometimes glitch. Maybe it could be worth to walk around and closer to the door and check if the 2nd option (the one which allows to meet Dr Ka) would pop up?
    I'll give it another try starting all the way from dark dealings at the docks.
    I've sniffed round the lab door four or five times, been into the lab after re-running the first two missions hoping to find Ka there, been back to his position in the mods building.
    I'll probably end up accepting that one of my characters has gone as far as he can in those stories. There will still be 4 or 5 others running those arcs.

I wish people would stop being necro-obsessed in informational threads. You are denying other people the chance to learn from people's experiences. In a post that was deleted I explained how another character suffered the same fate of not getting the pop-up. I filed a bug report but nobody has answered yet.
    HOWEVER, the character has now received the pop-up following a strange occurrence. Ladyhawke sometimes offers the same mission twice in her list. After I'd been back to her a couple of times, she had Unknowable twice, so I accepted them both.
    When I duly completed the mission and reported to Ms Hawke in the moonbase, she acknowledged the mission once with the usual 500Q reward, then she acknowledged it again with the 2000Q reward and with the Intriguing gear that was missing the first time. One day later, the pop-up eventually came.

So if you're stuck at this point in the serial, try dabbling in Ladyhawke missions until you get two Unknowables on her list and it could be your day.
    I rather suspect the reason it doesn't trigger in the first place is that you have other incompleted Death Rattle missions on your list when you first tackle Unknowable.

HTH

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Simple mission arc made frustrating. Continuing to next mission sucks. Guessing if i'm actually done something or do i need to run back to the Lab or what. Wait a day for the next one, not really a working feature.
    We do have feature called Crime Computer. Use it. Say the contact has mission for you or some information, put it in the Crime Computer. So i don't have to wonder if i need to meet or do something.
    Sheesh.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    senzsun wrote: »
    HOWEVER, the character has now received the pop-up following a strange occurrence. Ladyhawke sometimes offers the same mission twice in her list. After I'd been back to her a couple of times, she had Unknowable twice, so I accepted them both.
    When I duly completed the mission and reported to Ms Hawke in the moonbase, she acknowledged the mission once with the usual 500Q reward, then she acknowledged it again with the 2000Q reward and with the Intriguing gear that was missing the first time. One day later, the pop-up eventually came.

After repeating this method with my first character who was stuck, I can confirm it works:
    - Do the Death Rattle missions up to and including AP Bio but don't accept Unknowable yet.
    - At some point during (or perhaps after) this first arc, you should find find Dark Dealings at the Docks back on your list. Follow the second arc also up to and including AP Bio, then wait a day.
    - There should now be two Unknowables on your list. If any further Death Rattle missions crop up on your list, drop them leaving just the two Unknowables.
    - Accept them both, do the mission once, and at the end you can turn both of them in. When you turn the second one in, Death Rattle completes correctly.
    - Wait one day and you will get the much-coveted Ladyhawke pop-up to start Serene Abyss.

Or, they could do what FFinn said and make it simple. Put the missions on the Crime Computer. Also, get rid of the waiting period. It's not like these missions are all that special that a waiting period between them needs to exist.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Or, they could do what FFinn said and make it simple. Put the missions on the Crime Computer. (...)
    Agreed on this point.

Series have to be accessible through Socrates just like any other dailies/repeatables/missions.