test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buff Rocket Launcher Please. [updated*]

mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Suggestions Box
Please allow this change to happen to Rocket launcher.

kanger wrote:
Rocket
  • cost decreased, *[updated] primary and secondary targets received the same more on the damage of secondary amount of damage*
  • Cooldown decreased to 5 seconds. [instead of 20 seconds default]
  • Now can be fired at any charge [instead requiring fully charging the power.]
  • Target cap decreased to 5 (from 7).
  • Now knocks back targets 70ft. [instead of knocking down Targets]
  • Concussive Advantage: Now will only Stun after Getting knocked
  • The New Advantage (Red Hot Fury): Applies 3 stacks of Furious on you, and Set Cooldown timer to 20 seconds default
  • Optional: Allow the Character to move at walking speed when using and charging Rocket [This already exist ingame] and this Does not need to be an advantage!
​​

[V] Compare too Kaiserin changes [V]
kaiserin wrote:
Rocket
  • Damage and cost increased.
  • Cooldown increased to 20 seconds.
  • Now requires fully charging the power.
  • Target cap increased to 7 (from 5).
  • Now knocks down targets.
  • Concussive Advantage: Increased knockback distance.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies 3 stacks of Furious on you.
​​

The list of Problems with Kaiserin Changes to Rocket launcher is.

1. Underperformance takes too long to fire more problematic thanks to the long Cooldown and full charge to fire requirements. That charge time wasn't tweaked.
2. it goes against the things said within the Steam Store, in other words, it is False Advertisement.
3. the Change was unneeded and brought no positive since 6/6/2019 of its change.
4. this was a 2 Star Ranked Power, Ranked by Bluhman since February 23rd, 2019.
5. now is more underused by the player base and by me.

So Please Buff Rocket launcher, Thank you and have a good day
P.S Rain Lance also falls with number 2. since it has a long Cooldown full charge to fire requirements also.
Post edited by mastercontrol7 on

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Rocket Launcher is awesome tho. Great alpha strike. Who cares what an unofficial list ranked it? lol
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Rocket Launcher is awesome tho. Great alpha strike. Who cares what an unofficial list ranked it? lol

But really it not that Great of Alpha Strike Thought sadly, it frankly comes in second place if not third, following behind Bullet Ballet, while sniper rifle being first if we were only talking about the munitions tree :expressionless:

Fun Sad Fact: it counts as with 3 Stars And I didn't really know this while i was typing this out XD

But I do Agree, it only Bluhman opinion the powerset anyway, But you would think the devs would have a checkout on that information first, instead of making changes that makes the power worst.
  • Options
    Also i forgot to put this down when i was starting this discussion. :/

Rocket
    Charge Sphere AoE

Something of an Alpha Strike for the powerset, Rocket does high compound fire/crushing damage to the hit target, and about half-damage to targets around the main one. Rocket's DPS isn't bad, but the move has a recharge, meaning that it won't be anywhere near a mainstay mid-combat attack. The base energy cost is very high, but the long charge has the bonus of not increasing it any further.
    Concussive Rocket - throws a knock into the mix, allowing rocket to perform some simple crowd control.
    Scorched Ground - Similar to Incendiary Grenade, but requires a full-charge. Compounding this with an attack that doesn't do pure fire damage, and it isn't really the most useful option available for laying down fire patches for a Fire-hybrid build.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180409692
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    But really it not that Great of Alpha Strike Thought sadly, it frankly comes in second place if not third, following behind Bullet Ballet, while sniper rifle being first if we were only talking about the munitions tree.
    An "alpha strike" (as I see the term used among CO circles) implies something you use at the beginning of a fight to pull, potentially killing targets before they even engage you. Bullet Ballet is definitely not that, at all. Sniper Rifle hits harder, but is only single target (or a skinny cylinder aoe with a target cap of 3 if advantaged) so it should hit harder. Rocket Launcher has a pretty decent radius by comparison and a target cap of 7 instead of the standard AoE cap of 5.

It's great if you use it to initiate, but mediocre if you try to use it as a standard AoE.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    aesica wrote: »
    But really it not that Great of Alpha Strike Thought sadly, it frankly comes in second place if not third, following behind Bullet Ballet, while sniper rifle being first if we were only talking about the munitions tree.
    An "alpha strike" (as I see the term used among CO circles) implies something you use at the beginning of a fight to pull, potentially killing targets before they even engage you. Bullet Ballet is definitely not that, at all. Sniper Rifle hits harder, but is only single target (or a skinny cylinder aoe with a target cap of 3 if advantaged) so it should hit harder. Rocket Launcher has a pretty decent radius by comparison and a target cap of 7 instead of the standard AoE cap of 5.

It's great if you use it to initiate, but mediocre if you try to use it as a standard AoE.

oh well, i getting the meaning from google, and other sites it saying it means to use a High Power damaging attack or attacks to finish a target off and crippling the target, hint what Sniper would hit the first place IMO, but we was to go for saying CO Meaning it wouldn't make much difference, but put in second place for sure while sniper rifle still being in 1st, because the fact Max Damage i seen rocket did is max of 11k to If not half way close to 14k to a main target ONLY [vs 11-12k]while the Secondary Targets get by are 8k to 4k that only enough to ether kill a 1 Bar and that's IF it do kill that One bar, having to target the one with the most HP or more closer to the others targets, cause then you have bunch of Targets run and gunning at you, while sniper rifle at least you have a somewhat guarantee since it would never drop damage per target like rocket launcher, even though it's 3 that like 36k total of damage if all crits connect, even with a cylinder being small, that even better that way you have more control of the power you use this at Cosmic Ape without removing an advantage point, also to add: you can only hit targets within 20 ft sphere at also semi rare to see enemies that close to each other.

I'm thankful you brought that up because I forgot that Rocket Launcher Do Less Damage to Secondary Targets, I will update my end for discontinuing this, unless they going go to Remove the CoolDown as a whole it would make no sense to have this.

Test1: Rocket launcher was able to kill 4 targets close together, but they were all 1 bar Targets.
    Test2: Rocket launcher was able to kill 2 targets far from each other, they were all 1 bar Targets. [again]
    Test3: Sniper was able to kill 3 targets close together. 2 one Bar Targets, and 1 two Bar Target.