test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advice with Wind/Cold (DPS?)

ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
Looking for advice for my Wind/Cold (DPS?) Toon,
Based mostly on the idea of the 'ISIS' character. The one that used to run around with SHAZAM on Saturday mornings. (NOT showing my age. AT ALL)
This is what I'm using ATM.
https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=34&n=ISIS 1&d=15780VWXaIKL0K003040004305440359055800490553055A00510CK50356045E03ER005I000dB33BIR2Sr410000000000&e=

I went wind for EB because I REALLY wanted to get hurricane asap.
Currently lvl 17, (just rebuilt her with a free token) and is working ok,... but is REALLY energy hungry. Hoping that at lvl 20 the EU will help alleviate that.

Ideas? Suggestions? Laughter?
Not an expert builder, just know what I like and want to have fun hurrican-ing mooks and ice-spearing big bads.
Looking for ideas on the AO/AD/heals as well. Conviction just never seems to work well for me.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Rags~

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Eh, unless you're forced to as an AT, I see no reason to delay the EU like that. Mine as well get that early. Also don't see much need to have both Hurricane and Frost Breath for AoE (unless its for theme, I guess). Also, Masterful Dodge was nerfed such that it doesn't put you past 100% dodge at R1 anymore. You can get R1 Indestructible instead, or maybe get R2 Resurgence (which is esp good now w/ its added regen effect). I'd also prob tweak the specs a bit, and you can add Rimefire for some burst dmg if pairing w/ Ice Spear's 1-pt CFlames adv, if you want. Here's an example edit:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.42:34

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Wind Lash
    Level 1: Hurricane (Rank 2, Perfect Storm)
    Level 6: Stormbringer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Chilled Form
    Level 11: Icy Embrace
    Level 14: Ice Blast (Hard Frost, Frost Bite)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Icicle Spear (Rank 2, Rank 3, Freezer Burn)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Ice Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Ice Sheath (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Aurora
    Level 35: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Tornado Flight
    Level 35: Superspeed

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Conviction is mostly just a maintenance heal- it can't replace a large burst heal like Resurgence You could get other short-cd self-heals instead, but they are going to be limited in how much they can heal you per use as well. Regardless, you'd gear mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End/Rec here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks for the notes,

Yeah I added the frost breath (and adv to ice block) to ensure getting CHILL out and about.
    And the breath seemed in theme. Although I'd probably prefer Ice Storm. (Not sure its needed with hurricane.)
    I guess that hurricane w/ perfect storm takes care of 'AoE chill' by itself already though, doesn't it? ;P

Thank you, I'll play with this!
    Rags~
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Well, you can keep Frost Breath in for the theme. Maybe just have it at R1 + the Frostbite adv so you can tap it for a quick AoE Chill, and tapping it could allow you to get Chill and Hard Frost up a bit faster when using Ice Blast and Ice Spear on bosses. Hurricane w/ adv can still work fine on its own for AoE Chill procs, as can Ice Blast and Ice Spear for single-targets, but you could still get some mileage from Frost Breath that way.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thx (again) Flow