test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is marvel out of touch with it's fanbase, or are these out of season april fools jokes?

colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 282 Arc User
edited March 21 in Off Topic

I don't think it's funny and find it highly disturbing, to say the least.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,327 Arc User
    I don't think it's funny and find it highly disturbing, to say the least.

Of course you do.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,411 Arc User
    Their nemeses are Boomer and Triggered.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,373 Arc User
    We need to hashtag this and get these guys fired
    I think this is actually awesome lol
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    Any one of these concepts, by itself, might not be too bad depending on execution. Throwing them all into one team just screams "filling out a checklist of lame."

If this is a big April Fool's prank they need to say so NOW, because the longer this is allowed to float as a real thing the more damage they do to Marvel's brand.
    But it’s funny! It’s like the inception of being woke.

That guy couldn’t even hold back his laugh. I bet they were pushed to add more of these types.

I think it’s great!
    This is just capitalizing on the ridiculous SJW stereotypes those anti-progressive youtubers are always trying to push. The fact that some of them might find it highly disturbing is music to my ears. Lampoon the heck out of em!
    Their nemeses are Boomer and Triggered.

And their evil overlord OneJoke.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,295 Arc User
    In fact, the "Social Justice League" part is a joke - Marvel doesn't want to get sued by DC. However, the characters involved are, sadly, intended at least semi-seriously, even the guy who became sensitive to EM frequencies after being dosed with "his grandfather's experimental Internet Gas."

I think the intent behind the whole thing might be to see just how wound up they can get some of these alleged "comics fans" on YouTube to get.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Because how can you complain?

They are literally the embodiment of what those people who would complain about are....about.
    edited March 23

That doesn't seem to be an issue

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    Hot garbage.
    Watch it crash and burn, not like Marvel Comics isn't already on the decline.
    edited March 24
    jonsills wrote: »
    I think the intent behind the whole thing might be to see just how wound up they can get some of these alleged "comics fans" on YouTube to get.

I think you might just be right there.

zrdRBy8.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,295 Arc User

That doesn't seem to be an issue
    Never has been - hell, some folks complain about the "revelation" that Wonder Woman is bi, apparently because they've never once read any of the original Marston-penned comics about her. (To quote Diana herself, from Superman: Red Son, "I live on an island inhabited exclusively by women. You do the math.")

For a certain portion of the audience, the complaining is the point, and they'll make things up to complain about if they have to. (For instance, it would certainly come as a huge surprise to both Marvel and their corporate ownership at Disney that Marvel Comics is "on the decline". It's definitely not what the sales figures say.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    (To quote Diana herself, from Superman: Red Son, "I live on an island inhabited exclusively by women. You do the math.")

Well there's your problem. These types of people are notoriously bad at math.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,875 Arc User
    In fact, the "Social Justice League" part is a joke - Marvel doesn't want to get sued by DC. However, the characters involved are, sadly, intended at least semi-seriously, even the guy who became sensitive to EM frequencies after being dosed with "his grandfather's experimental Internet Gas."

Part of why I suspect trolling is that the character concepts are all just... bad at being heroes. These are the sort of "street level" heroes who get beaten up by homeless bums with baseball bats.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 282 Arc User
    Ah good ComicsGate, the comics version of GamerGate. I needed more stuff to laugh at.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Ah good ComicsGate, the comics version of GamerGate. I needed more stuff to laugh at.

Eh, you don't seem to be aware of what gamergate "is" (it never even existed to begin with). Quit posting, please, or do some research prior to spreading more of that mental floss of yours, buddy.

Peace.
    edited March 28

Post edited by colonelwing on
    The 'ComicsGate' movement in a nutshell, for those that may have stumbled into this hole of a thread and went "WTF is this?"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comicsgate
    zrdRBy8.png
    But but....then that would mean it does exist?

So if...you did research and showed it does exist does that mean to deny it would mean you shouldn’t post because you didn’t do research saying it existed?

Do I exist? What is real?
    Do I exist? What is real?

Cheesus is real.

zrdRBy8.png
    what gamergate "is" (it never even existed to begin with)

That which is, cannot is not.
This discussion has been closed.