test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mechanon and Cyberlord Attack!

So I was re-doing some missions with Mechanon and some with Cyberlord, and an idea came to me. What if Mechanon and Cyberlord joined forces to attack Millennium City?
I know Mechanon hates organics and Cyberlord is at least part organic, but surely working together isn't out of the question. They could both agree to replace humanity with machines. Maybe Mechanon even betrays Cyberlord eventually, or vice versa.
Not sure if this should be an event or Comic Series, but I feel it would be cool. They could call it "Rise Of The Machines" or "Cyber City" and maybe give you a perk called "Rage Against The Machine" after completing it.

Apologies if this idea has already been suggested or even done before. I'm a fairly new player (started August 2019) and I just think it would be entertaining.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    That's a good question, how do Cyberlord and Mechanon feel about each other? I started a thread over in the pen and paper section to see if some of the lore junkies have an answer.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Apparently Mechanon thinks Cyberlord is even more pathetic than organics, so unfortunately they're unlikely to team up.
  • Options
    Well I just read the "unofficial" story of Cyberlord and besides being fascinating, it gave me another idea. If Mechanon and Cyberlord essentially want the same thing but are unwilling to work together, they would most likely fight for supremacy. So with that in mind, what if they were in a technological war that threatened the world? Imagine if the robots from the Terminator franchise battled the robots from the Matrix franchise for control over humanity. Now the difference with the Terminator machines and the Matrix machines seems to be what they want to do with humans. T-Machines want to exterminate them, whereas the M-Machines want to use them for an energy source. But this "Cyber War" would be so potentially destructive that the Champions, Starforce and UNITY would need more heroes to help stop Mechanon and Cyberlord from destroying eachother, and the world in the process. It would give players the opportunity to fight alongside not only other heroes like Defender and Justiciar, but even villains like Cybermind and Foxbat who don't want the world to be overrun by machines (unless maybe it's their machines). I think that uneasy alliances with "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" mindset could make for a great and intriguing story.