test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two-Factor Authentication Email doesn't arrive

Been waiting for a long time for this "confirmation code". Made sure my e-mail in Arc is correct and refreshed my inbox multiple times. Seems like the e-mail bots doesn't want me to play the game. Or they're forcing me to download that Arc app (ew) and link it with my Steam.
wtf.png?width=514&height=407
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Have you checked the spam folder? Sometimes stuff like that ends up there for some reason.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I got around this by not having a steam account.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    darklordkageryuudarklordkageryuu Posts: 6 Arc User
    whoever came up with this idea , was high on drugs , the most USELESS piece of crap to have ever come about , thanks for making me wait forfuckinever to get a blasted code to play CO Cryptic , GG
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

So basically they're just forcing us to use Arc instead of Steam. So much for "Linking"~

mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    tylerdurden71tylerdurden71 Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem when launching the game through Steam. I've downloaded the Arc launcher. But the game doesn't show up as installed. The 5 digit code they are supposed to send you isn't being sent. I received the email when I logged in through Arc. Unless there is a way to link with a Steam account I don't want to download the same game again and end up having duplicate files wasting Hard drive space.
  • Options
    several of my friends having this issue and they keep getting automated responses to check spam, when they have stated that they already did.
  • Options
    Same issue.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2020

So basically they're just forcing us to use Arc instead of Steam. So much for "Linking"~

It was an obvious ploy.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    Looking into this!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Nah, I just use the .exe file to launch the game. I don't see the point to using anything else.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    reddemon4reddemon4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Okay, seeing as I have had this problem as well, I thought I'd give you a small timeline of what's been going on. New information at the time of writing this has been bolded.

So I first logged in with this problem at around 11:30 2/22/2020. I waited about 8 minutes to get the email before relogging to see if not receiving it aptly was just a glitch. It was not at the time. 15 minutes from initial login and 3 attempts later, no email.

I outreached to a private SG Discord server to make sure that this wasn't an isolated issue. Upon hearing everything, I learned it was not and was also already a known issue, so having no other new information, I didn't said anything (until now).

1:00pm that day, I checked my email again to see if any of the three emails had come. None did.

Jump to the time I am writing this. At exactly 9:54pm 2/22/2020, ONE email out of three login attempts has been received. By now, I had gone and played THREE different games for about two to three hours each, as well as went out and gotten dinner.

And THIS outlines the main problem, I think. Not necessarily that the emails AREN'T sending at all, which for some may be the case, but that the promptness of the emails is so ridiculously slow that it feels like I'm waiting for molasses to fall down the shallowest side of Mount Everest.

That being said, this isn't just a rant, but something I haven't heard brought up yet, so I thought I'd give the information while I could in as much detail as I could.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Update: Finally got the emal after HOURS of waiting...
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    This is still being worked on, but I would try requesting for a code again.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Cryptic Game Launcher FTW! Loggin on since 2009!
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!