test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BASH Ball! A new Hero Game activity!

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Suggestions Box
BASH Ball is similar to football in that it starts in the middle of the field and the objective is to get the "ball" to the opponent's end of the field to score a point. Here is the field:
TDmndQu.jpg
It is divided into 5 Zones. The Zones at the ends are Scoring Zones.

At the start of the game each team is at their own end of the field, and in the middle by the star the ball spawns - at this point the ball is an object like one of Medusa's pink floaty psi balls in TA. The first player to run up and touch the ball causes it to disappear, and that player now has the Ball! buff.

At this point the objective becomes for that player to survive for a certain amount of time ( something around 10-20 seconds ) in the current Zone, in order to unlock the next Zone towards the other team's goal. Once they do that, the next zone lights up, and they have 5 seconds to get to it before the current zone gets locked. The process is then repeated in the new zone, until the Scoring Zone is unlocked. Surviving long enough with the Ball in the Scoring Zone gives your team one point - then the field is reset, and you do the whole thing again.

If at any point the player with the Ball leaves the current active zone for longer than 1 second, they lose the Ball! buff, and the ball reappears in the middle of the currently active zone for everyone to scramble towards.

If you defeat the player currently holding the Ball, then you get control of the Ball. The survival timer resets and you start unlocking the opposite Zone. This is equivalent to stealing the ball in basketball basically.

In order to keep the ball from constantly going to the same player, when you lose the Ball! buff, you also get the ButterFingers! debuff for a certain period of time, which prevents you from getting the ball. If a player with the ButterFingers! debuff defeats the player currently holding the ball, then it instead goes to the nearest friendly player without the debuff. If everyone on your team has the debuff when one of you attempts to gain control of the ball, it instead appears in the middle of the current zone.

Once one team has X points, they win and the game is over! There is also a 10 minute timer. If it runs out, then the team with the most points wins; if no team has any points, then it's a draw and nobody wins.

FAQ
Q: I would rather they spend time on something else other than this.
A: Me too! But I posted the idea anyways ^_^

Q: Isn't PvP dead?
A: Yes! But I posted the idea anyways ^_^

Q: I don't like PvP.
A: Me neither! But I posted the idea anyways ^_^

Q: This idea is too complicated for [reason].
A: Possibly. But I posted the idea anyways ^_^

Q: My name is Lezard and I'm gonna say something crazy about butter!
A: Don't eat too much butter, that's bad for you Lezard!

Q: What happens if everyone just brings the meatiest defendiest tank possible and nobody can kill each other?
A: Probably a draw. The real question is how many draws before they realize they should try something different.

Q: You're just defending the devs! Stop being such a shill!
A: Seems like that always gets said no matter what the thread is about doesn't it. Usually once that person's argument starts falling apart. o3o

Q: The devs could never pull this off, they are too bad and the game is too bad and also perfect world is bad.
A: ...uuuh... isn't this technically just another version of the "too complicated" one?

Q: This isn't talking about how Meteor Blaze needs to be buffed, why not?
A: Hi Avianos! ^D^

Q: I am insulted by this FAQ section in some way and I demand an apology.
A: o3o

Q: The FAQ is now longer than the part of the post about the idea, please stop.
A: Okay ( ._.)

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I’m shocked how you can still argue with yourself...you must feel lonely in the forums lately.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    TFW It's been 5 Minutes without mentioning BUG Reports, BUFFS for Meteor Blaze and BIG BUFFED Mene07.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    TFW It's been 5 Minutes without mentioning BUG Reports, BUFFS for Meteor Blaze and BIG BUFFED Mene07.jpg​​

what was that last one? owo
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Probably the most unrealistic part of the suggestion?
    Q: What happens if everyone just brings the meatiest defendiest tank possible and nobody can kill each other?
    A: Probably a draw. The real question is how many draws before they realize they should try something different.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Probably the most unrealistic part of the suggestion?

Well I haven't been to hero games lately so I don't know how popular tanks are atm. I imagine the same outcome occurs if everyone brings a tank to the team deathmatch hero game.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Sounds potentially fun.

Maybe, instead of picking up the ball you become the ball. Then, as the ball, you run around and do various bounce-based moves. The enemy team tries to pop you and your team heals you and tries to KO or CC enemies to keep you safe. That would get rid of the "supertank ball" issue.