test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nighthawk 24 hr Warehouse fight

Quick question about the Nighthawk 24 hr warehouse fight.

Out of the three fake Nighthawk fights this one is the one I find a little difficult for some characters. Nighthawk has several attacks he spams so fast it can kill some characters so quickly I can't put much of a dent on him. I've managed to get past that with my squishier alts by using leftover zombie bone whistles, call up ***whatever**** gang war and necromancers skulls to distract him while I fight.

I'm no expert at this game so I was wondering if anyone has a particular strategy that works.

Comments

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    If you block his line of sight, you also block the damage (and repel) from his wind breath. Squishy characters can use hit'n'run style tactics against him (attack, then move behind a crate), while still being close enough to keep him in combat (so his health doesn't reset).
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    More important is resolving who actually owns that 24 hour warehouse anyway? Not only does Stone use it to try to frame Nighthawk, but Lemurians are using it for their enhanced Cobra mooks. Obviously there is a larger and more diabolical force behind this ware house operation. My bet is that it's Biselle. Or, the Devs couldn't be bothered to make a glowing window on the warehouse across the street?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I bet that warehouse is built on an ancient native american burial ground.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    More important is resolving who actually owns that 24 hour warehouse anyway? Not only does Stone use it to try to frame Nighthawk, but Lemurians are using it for their enhanced Cobra mooks. Obviously there is a larger and more diabolical force behind this ware house operation. My bet is that it's Biselle. Or, the Devs couldn't be bothered to make a glowing window on the warehouse across the street?

Whats really a shame is that they should have made a Franklin Stone story-arc that maybe mentions or has a mission with Nighthawk in it. It'd be cool if it was something that happened after you defeat Hi-Pan just give players a new way to level. (I'd love to have some more variety in missions.)
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Block!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    At the OP... occasionally I find my characters getting into a kind of dead zone where the repel doesn't work and the imposter doesn't backup. Even my more tanky characters have a hard time with this guy though. Blocking and even the whole get behind **** method isn't reliable and I usually end up needing to rely upon crits and raw durability to outpace the monster.

The real frustration is that no matter how many times they throw you back you never gain resistance to it... (at least with this specific individual) unlike with every other form of 'control' in the game.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I bet that warehouse is built on an ancient native american burial ground.

But first we need to talk about Parallel Universes​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Block!
    The trick is that he spams crap almost constantly. Fragile characters might not get an opening.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Block!
    The trick is that he spams crap almost constantly. Fragile characters might not get an opening.

Yeah, that's the problem. Blocking doesn't do much either...he has one attack that will absolutely kill your health even while blocking. I've beaten him with squishier characters but its annoying because I'll faceplant a few times. If you can hide behind an object while he spams you can hit and run at him, but its touch and go as he slows your movements.