test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sidekick: Ray-Zar Broken out of sight huge AOE Range

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Gameplay Bugs
Continuing reporting Sidekicks and Loyal Sidekicks bugs
Long running bug I have noticed since release of this sidekick in qzone which i confirmed in Powerhouse
Ray-Zar kept aggroing multiple mobs and I couldn't understand until recently, turns out Ray-Zars AOE Attacks have ridiculous 100 feet range which target random teams of mobs which are not even in the range which it is attacking
  • The Roar Attack which apply Fear
  • The Lunge Attack which apply bleed
Gif exhibition here
Ray-Zar's Howl applied on a test dummy which was 100 feet away from him
gvoaiTZ.gif

...Ok use Energy Build to attack
IvbDXml.gif

Somehow the Roar also affected my character's idle animation
t1EM4pL.gif

and here is the Lunge attack, which hit 3 different enemies in difference locations
kZ8bHH4.gif

Don't take Ray-Zar in Qzone or during Qwyjibo because the AOE Range is broken

The range of this sidekick is broken and unreliable
I didn't test this sidekick enough in PTS while it was there because Might revamp was my priority​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    This is still happening, the AoE range is busted (but at least he is the most bouncy and mobile sidekick)

Ray Zar why can't you be a good boy just like L1L-D0GG13?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianos wrote: »
    Ray Zar why can't you be a good boy just like L1L-D0GG13?

because then he couldn't cause such catastrophic mayhem​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    because then he couldn't cause such catastrophic mayhem
    Ah yes, I forgot one major attribute, he is a CAT and cats do that

The next thing you see, it's him dropping things from the table​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    That's a weird one. It's acting like part of the attack has a minimum range on it o_O like "Attack hits 3 targets within 100 ft, and 2 targets at least 50 ft away". I would love to see what sort of coding mishap or collision shinanegans caused this o3o
    spinnytop wrote: »
    That's a weird one. It's acting like part of the attack has a minimum range on it o_O like "Attack hits 3 targets within 100 ft, and 2 targets at least 50 ft away". I would love to see what sort of coding mishap or collision shinanegans caused this o3o

I suspect it has also has to do with the model rigging, since the model and the skeleton were ported from NWO
    775px-NW_Panther.jpg?version=6ad63c9a93cb348115004aca3243af84
    bmw8Irr.png​​
    PUMPED BECAUSE

1. THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED
    2. You made a Clone of this Sidekick *(Toh-Kah) which was given for free to players with the Anniversary Cat rescue perks. Meaning more people have access to this Bug
    3. Despite the Details and animate .gif evidence of this thread, it got ignored ONCE AGAIN
    4. During Alerts and Qliphothic Warzone it keeps agroing different group of mobs who are feet away​​