test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ways to get more Advantage points

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
Is it possible to have more advantage points through other means? Like in DCUO where you get skill points from perks/achievements. With the recent change of 1pt block adv into 3pt, and the requirement of MD/Defiance to be ranked, adv points are so SCARCE now. I honestly miss one of my toons' dual passive build.

Another way is to add it in Lockbox. Because we know how much PWI loves those lottery boxes to cash in the dough. Another is exchange it using gcr+scr. Like 1pt = 800 recog or whatever.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Man screw that lockbox noise, this is an opportunity for another farm that isn't hampered by current sources. You know what I think, in a totally non-biased, non-self benefiting manner? I think this should be something you can buy with that currency you get from QWZ dailies :D

I mean not really, since that'd basically be like giving them away ( also you people would suddenly be storming all over my zone, making it hard to solo and have any fun there ). But like I dunno... add it to Epic Lairs ( hey look I pluralized that o3o ) somehow. Give people a reason to do thems.

As far as how many you should be able to get... I'm gonna say like 4, after a long grind. That's enough to rank 3 a previously rank 1 power, get a fancy 3 pt advantage, or fully rank both your travel powers. Seems like enough to me. By a long **** grind I mean like getting all 4 points should take you like 6 months of dedicated daily farming, so 1.5 months per point.​​
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So you want to break any semblance of balance so you can get what you want . . . . not sure if sarcasm but you like anyone else have to deliberate on how and where to distribute your points, like using the Hero Creator to plan or while retconning your beloved build in the powerhouse, make sacrifices because of this, be diligent in your choices, rather then further spreading disparity among other builds because you wont take that once not working as intended power anymore or turn it into a statistic competition for personal gain, isn't this game enough of a chore with all the 'Incentives' being presented? you can still choose to pursue a dual passive build, you'll just have to replace a power.

If you're concerned about the 3 point advantages, I assume they might be adding something in future revamps if this seems unjustified to you currently, I've read suggestions being discussed of advantages for block enhancers being potent (To you, worth "investing") as Ebon Void, something to consider.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited September 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    That was a lot of heat rtma o3o

It's not like they're going to do this unless their bosses are like, "yep, profiteering, DO IT!" and break the game, if that's all you see, I am disappoint.
    Also hello Foxy and Chaos, long time no see, how you doing? 👋 💖
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Eh, so now my Thunder Clap is R1 and no collateral damage. Not feeling all that gimped myself ... yet.

Just wish I had my personal growth magnifier ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited September 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Eh, so now my Thunder Clap is R1 and no collateral damage. Not feeling all that gimped myself ... yet.

Just wish I had my personal growth magnifier ;)

While I agree that the mentioned changes haven't gimped anything, I also like the idea of having a long term farm for advantage points. This is one of the few times where I can use the word "ambivalent" and be accurate.
    rtma wrote: »
    It's not like they're going to do this unless their bosses are like, "yep, profiteering, DO IT!" and break the game, if that's all you see, I am disappoint.
    Also hello Foxy and Chaos, long time no see, how you doing? 👋 💖[/color]

Listen I hate the effect that corporate profit culture has had on the human race as anyone else, but this aint it chief u3u

Also I'm doing moderately okay, thanks for asking :3
    edited September 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Listen I hate the effect that corporate profit culture has had on the human race as anyone else, but this aint it chief u3u

Also I'm doing moderately okay, thanks for asking :3

Good to hear, checking in to see how the beloved community is doing, also what else is to be expected when it comes to the scheduling of Champions Online? I just thought about the amusing context I just applied here to DO IT!

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    rtma wrote: »
    So you want to break any semblance of balance so you can get what you want . . . . not sure if sarcasm but you like anyone else have to deliberate on how and where to distribute your points, like using the Hero Creator to plan or while retconning your beloved build in the powerhouse, make sacrifices because of this, be diligent in your choices, rather then further spreading disparity among other builds because you wont take that once not working as intended power anymore or turn it into a statistic competition for personal gain, isn't this game enough of a chore with all the 'Incentives' being presented? you can still choose to pursue a dual passive build, you'll just have to replace a power.

If you're concerned about the 3 point advantages, I assume they might be adding something in future revamps if this seems unjustified to you currently, I've read suggestions being discussed of advantages for block enhancers being potent (To you, worth "investing") as Ebon Void, something to consider.

Has anyone told you that the way you speak can really tick a person off?
    Anyway, I just want some more adv points to maximize the ranks of our powers. I'm sure others will benefit from this too. It's not a selfish suggestion. The grind is bearable if the rewards are worth it after all.

Oh, and I don't really use HeroCreator since I can just hope in to PTS and start messing around there.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited September 2019
    Has anyone told you that the way you speak can really tick a person off?
    Anyway, I just want some more adv points to maximize the ranks of our powers. I'm sure others will benefit from this too. It's not a selfish suggestion. The grind is bearable if the rewards are worth it after all.

Oh, and I don't really use HeroCreator since I can just hope in to PTS and start messing around there.

I'm sorry? I've been suffering psychological burn out, distress and despondency over the past year, as for my response I'm merely expressing concern on what this would imply as stated above, I don't object the concept of maxing powers for practical and aesthetic purposes, I got a counter suggestion that is just as unlikely to happen, what if . . . ranking up powers were based on your level then advantage points gained? you can still level up and select powers as usual, but everything you start with is rank 1, once you reach say level 20+ everything ranks up to 2 automatically, while level 30+ is Rank 3, similar to how become devices work, while you accumulate an advantage point every 2 - 3 levels which can be put on, well, advantages of powers, how does that sound? that way no-one is left behind with ranking powers and equal opportunity for all by just playing the game. yay?

I tend to use both PTS and HeroCreator to keep track, one for testing and the other for final planning for execution on Live.

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Is it possible to have more advantage points through other means? Like in DCUO where you get skill points from perks/achievements. With the recent change of 1pt block adv into 3pt, and the requirement of MD/Defiance to be ranked, adv points are so SCARCE now. I honestly miss one of my toons' dual passive build.

Another way is to add it in Lockbox. Because we know how much PWI loves those lottery boxes to cash in the dough. Another is exchange it using gcr+scr. Like 1pt = 800 recog or whatever.

The only way you will get more advantage points in CO at this point is if the level cap is raised. I doubt they will offer advantage points any other way in this game.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User

You're not really supposed to have two passives (it has a timer for a reason), being able to change those mid-fight should be disabled asap, since it causes nothing but imbalance. Tanks are still super overpowered and you should just adapt to the changes / learn to play, instead of throwing a temper tantrum.
    You're not really supposed to have two passives (it has a timer for a reason), being able to change those mid-fight should be disabled asap

I've never seen the devs express any concern about all the dual-passive builds running around, so I think you're talking out your butt here.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Just give us an extra 2pts for Travel Powers, which (in most cases) = +2 Adv. points to use however you want.

And we could still earn them: perhaps a perk w/ a mission-race thing (i.e available at lvl.35-40 / when buying your 2nd TP?)

giphy.gif
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    spordelia wrote: »
    Just give us an extra 2pts for Travel Powers, which (in most cases) = +2 Adv. points to use however you want.

And we could still earn them: perhaps a perk w/ a mission-race thing (i.e available at lvl.35-40 / when buying your 2nd TP?)

giphy.gif

Might need to review if you don't have two points to use for TP.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!