test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Field Testing the Archetype: The Witch AT

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Builds and Roles
This is more of my experience with the Archetype rather than an actual guide, but if you like to share your build and experience with the archetype, by all means. More knowledge about the archetype can benefit future players that bought or unlock these Archetype into their account, and it may help them become better players for it. With that said, lets get this started.

The Witch AT is a Support Archetype base around using the supernatural and poison to heal their allies or disable their foes. In terms of other Support ATs, they are more consistent with their main healing power through maintain and/or being a Crowd Controller or CC for short. Keep in mind that unlike all other Support Archetype, the Witch AT has almost ZERO targeting direct healing power towards the players. With that being said, lets go with their line up:

Power
Level 1 - Infernal Bolts - Your generic poison energy builder. You could start out applying your first poison with this attack, but that about it.

Level 1 - Condemn - This AoE Poison Damage has a lot to offer for this Archetype. If you're going the CC route or a healer with Sentinel Mastery, the Paralyzing Adv call Redemption Denied is a must have. This can be use as your Sentinel Mastery's feeder. If you're not taking Will-o'-the-Wisp, you could take the Corrupting Force to get a debuff for your poison damage while adding another poison to the mix. The Dark Rune adv turns this power into a Healing Rune at the location where your enemy's location is at.

Level 6 - Life Essence - This is your main healing power, and arguably, one of the most powerful raid healing power in the game. You simply target the foe and hold down this power button. Jumping around your allies is purely optional, but recommended due to the player healing cap. Keep in mind that the targeting foe must be poisoned if you want to get the maximum amount of heals for your allies with this power. This shouldn't be a problem due to the amount of poisons you have in your arsenal.

Level 8 - Aura of Arcane Clarity - This passive is a monster. Between you and 19 other players around you, you get a bonus of Power Discount, Recharge Speed, Power Charging Speed, Perception, and Stealth Sight. If you didn't catch this, this will make your party raid extremely efficient with their builds, regardless of roles. Always max rank this.

Level 11 - Sigils of Ebon Weakness or Venomous Breath - These powers really depends of your playing style. Do you want Sigils of Ebon Weakness, a power that has some pet that act like sort of distraction while having some for of debuff and possibly a Heal over Time from the advantage, or Venomous Breath, a power in which you want to spill toxic cancer to everything around you, chain stunning and applying poison without prejudice? For me, I went with Venomous Breath simply because the adv, Paralytic Bile, turn this power into a fast applying aoe stun, and in return, proc Sentinel Mastery like crazy. Even without the bleeding, the fast pulse of Venomous Breath will almost stun your target immedinately. Its also a nice way to spread Poison around.

Level 14 - Compassion or Manipulator - Compassion is your go-to toggle if you're going full healer mode. You could be a healer with Manipulator but you won't get that juicy healing bonus that you will get from Compassion. On the contrary, if you're building for Crowd Control, namely soloing CC Qwyjibo , then Manipulator is a must have Toggle just so you can make all your CC power more effective and long lasting.

Level 17 - Grasping Shadows or Crippling Coils - Grasping Shadows offers a very long paralyze duration while Crippling Coil, while meh by itself, offers a source of bleed and light everlasting, a heal over time, from their adv. Regardless, if you're going Crowd Control, do NOT skip offf Grasping Shadows.

Level 21 - Voodoo Doll - Its a block where you hold a voodoo doll in front of you. Anything that attacks you has a chance to get poison. However, this shield comes with an adv, Voodoo Curse. This will stun any attacker while you block, which by then, if you took Sentinal Mastery, will proc it. It has a internal cooldown of 10 seconds, however.

Level 25 - Supernatural Power or Mephitic - Either one is fine. There isn't much to say about either one of them since you will be poisoning and/or using supernatural powers all the time with the Witch. If you want to go right down to it, Supernatural Power trigger if any of your supernatural power usage cause your maxmiun energy bar to go below 15%, and Mephitic ticks if you poison your target.

Level 30 - Will-o'-the-Wisp or Curse - They're both pretty great click-to-use option in general. Will-o'-the-Wisp has the Guide adv, which applies Illumination to you and your allies nearby while applying Illuminate on to your foe. Illumination increase your healing strength while Illuminate give you and your allies a chance of getting heal if they attack a foe with that debuff. The power is also a poison debuff and a poison itself. The other option, Curse, is a click-to-use stun, which will be great with Sentinal Mastery and refreshing your Manipulator stack. Curse also comes with Bleeding and Heal over time adv if you took those.

Level 35 - Death's Embrace or Imbue - I took Death's Embrace because I like to resurrect my allies by doing a silly dance. Imbue is there if you want to break free out of a hold much faster, or if you want to generate less threat with the adv,
Illusive.

Level 40 - Rebirth or Resurgence - In my opinion, I would take Resurgence if I have the device call the Phoenix Tears, a device that self resurrection yourself from death. Otherwise, I would go with Rebirth.

Build
Here is a healing build I use, but you could build it anyway you wanted. I took Sentinel Mastery over Presence Mastery simply because how powerful this mastery is in a cosmic fight. With this mastery, you use a certain crowd control power on the target and any ally attacking said target will get heal in return.
The Witch AT Full Healer - The Witch (Support)
v3.34:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 7: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Intimidating (Pre: 8)
Level 15: Tireless (Rec: 8)
Level 20: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 25: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 30: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Infernal Bolts
Level 1: Condemn (Redemption Denied, Dark Rune)
Level 6: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Aura of Arcane Clarity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Venomous Breath (Paralytic Bile)
Level 14: Compassion
Level 17: Grasping Shadows (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 21: Voodoo Doll (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 25: Supernatural Power
Level 30: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
Level 35: Death's Embrace (Rank 2, Pact)
Level 40: Rebirth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Healing Rotation
Cosmic Raid - If you want to heal the tank, you must be close to the tank. You must be at least at the range in which your Life Essence could reach your tank and isn't cap by all the other players nearby. On top of this, if you took the healing rune adv on Condemn, fully charge it to drop a healing rune on to the boss and it will also apply the Sentinel Mastery debuff. Use Will-o'-the-Wisp on cooldown. If you're just a party/raid healer, your life is so much easier. You could just simply crowd surf the DPS pile while holding down Life Essence. If this is too boring for you, you could use this rotation to maximize your healing out put. The rotation usually goes something like this:

Fully charge Condemn (getting both Sentinel Mastery and a Healing Rune) or Venomous Breath (Sentinel Mastery and Poison) > Will-o'-the-Wisp > Life Essence.

Here is an example of my Witch AT usage in the Kigatilik Fight
nYAvyS7.png
oJLk0lo.png

Teleios Ascendant - For most of the fight, you're just Life Essence all the fight. You should be on the back of the Boss or at least, very close to the Tank so they can get your Life Essence. Get comformable and know the healing range of Life Essence so you can make the final boss room much easier. Apply Will-o'-the-Wisp on cooldown since Guide adv is too good to ignore, and use either a fully charge Condemn to get both a Healing Rune and the Sentinel Mastery debuff or Venomous Breath for a much faster Sentinel Mastery debuff applier. In my opinion, Gravitar is going to be the hardest room since you can't heal your tank at all if Gravitar send your tank flying to the ceiling, away from your Life Essence range.

Gears and Mods
Because I'm cheap, I use the blue primary gears drop from the equipment box and bought the purple secondary gear on the side.
2mJRkKj.jpg

Regardless, I would recommend the following if you're just starting out. Do note that the Secondary can be obtain from the Equipment box loot, the Auction House, or the Champion Recognition Vendor:
Primary
  • Blue Tier/Fortuitous/Remarkable/Mercenary's Glove of Healing - x2 Presence 5 Enhancement/x1 Sentinel Brooch 5
  • Blue Tier/Fortuitous/Remarkable/Mercenary Breastplate of Greater Health - x2 Presence 5 Armoring/x1 Growth 5
  • Blue Tier/Fortuitous/Remarkable/Mercenary's Helmet of Speed - x1 Presence 5 Enhancement/x1 Presence 5 Armoring/x1 Sentinel Brooch 5

Secondary
  • Transcendental Belt
  • Domineering Bracers
  • Friendly Eyepiece

Crowd Control
So you decided that you want to turn your Witch Archetype in a Crowd Controller. Before we get to that, lets go with this sample build. You could switch around Curse with Will-o'-the-Wisp if your confident in restacking your Manipulator toggle. This could be use as a healer and a debuffer for your party when you're not CCing. This isn't set in stone, so feel free to mix things around.
The Witch AT CC Healer - The Witch (Support)
v3.34:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 7: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Intimidating (Pre: 8)
Level 15: Tireless (Rec: 8)
Level 20: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 25: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 30: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Infernal Bolts
Level 1: Condemn (Redemption Denied, Dark Rune)
Level 6: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Aura of Arcane Clarity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Venomous Breath (Paralytic Bile)
Level 14: Manipulator
Level 17: Grasping Shadows (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 21: Voodoo Doll (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 25: Supernatural Power
Level 30: Curse (Needles, Covet)
Level 35: Death's Embrace (Rank 2, Pact)
Level 40: Rebirth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (1/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (1/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

So who are you going to CC with the Witch Archetype? The answer would be Qwyjibo, the giant flaming ape in Monster Island. There are two ways to cc the ape as a Witch Archetype, the easy way, or the painful way. Before you read ahead, I suggest you read the Cosmic Monster Thread and reading Qwyjibo specifically to get an idea how to CC Qwyjibo.

For the Easy Way, get the Psionic Accelerator from the Drifter NPC, the Auction House, or from a player. From here, Target one of the hearts from either side of Qwyjibo and apply Grasping Shadows onto that heart. From here, go to the corner of Qwyjibo's butt and aim the Psionic Accelerator in a way that it will hit two hearts at the same time. Use Grasping Shadows or a Fully Charge Condemn when one of the hearts wake up. Refresh your Manipulator by CCing Qwyjibo himself. Thank you @carrionbaggage for this following image example. Just replace Ego Sleep with Grasping Shadows or Condemn in said image.
WIM8PJp.jpg

Painful Way exist for those that don't have the Psionic Accelerator. This is where Condemn comes to play. You see, a fully charge Condemn, which has zero cooldown, has a good paralyze duration with 8 stacks of Manipulator. In terms of rotation, apply the Grasping Shadows on one of the one hearts, namely Fortitude, use Condemn on the second Heart, and by the time you get in range of the third Heart, Grasping Shadows should be off the cooldown and you should use that. If not, Condemn it. After the giant aoe attack, target the heart with the lowest paralyzing timer, most likely the Second Heart, and apply either Condemn or Grasping Shadows. Apply Condemn or Grasping Shadows on the First Heart and the Third Heart if the Third Heart is off the Paralyze Duration before the next giant aoe. rinse and repeat. Refresh your Manipulator by CCing Qwyjibo himself. Because these powers are 50ft, you will probably be in range in Qwyjibo's roar and lava breath, so be aware of your surrounding. One important note about Paralyze is that you must reapplying either Condemn or Grasping Shadows if the Paralyze duration on the Heart is between 0 - 3 or 4 seconds left on the counter. Anymore and the paralyze will NOT work. Don't worry about the poison on the heart if the poison came your Condemn power. It shouldn't effect the paralyze duration.