test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Death Rattle
  • Chapter 4 is available from Ladyhawke if you have completed Chapter 3.
  • Intriguing Gear is rewarded for completing the first time. This is secondary gear that scales with you and boosts Magic and Paranormal damage resistances.

FC.31.20190810.11
  • Addressed an issue where some mobs would spawn in the walls.
  • If the player strays too far from Ladyhawke after completing the mission, she will now move to a specific location so the player can interact with her.
  • Fixed a visual bug with the space suit device.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Bug
    Final area's two side rooms
    The two Archmagus on the top ledge seem to get shunted outside the map half the time when you first attack them. This can be mitigated (I jumped behind them and then KBed them into the room center) but this could make completion a problem for some builds (even though they reset position after you leave the room). For reference, I was using a Soldier AT and initially trying to Sniper Rifle and Assault Rifle them to utilize range.

Suggestion
    Move the Ladyhawke at mission completion closer (/loc -238 12 0 perhaps?). As is, it's easy to accidentally go to the exit and miss out on completion since she's standing halfway behind it.

Despite complaints over magic fatigue, overall this has been a fine arc. It'll be interesting to see where things progress from here. I like that the soldiers congratulate you at the end.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    The mission objective throughout is simply, "Investigate temple," even in the moon base. But the objectives in the moon base appear in the open missions / PVP cell.

Hydrophis's first spoken line in the final cutscene stepped on the end of Graknash's first line.
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    At the end for me, the mission says to return to Ladyhawke. She ended up below the holo-globe somehow and I can't interact with her. She was felled in the final fight against Hydrophis, so that might have something to do with it.

I was able to meet her back in Renaissance Center and do the mission hand-in, though.

yT3B0NQ.jpg
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I would like to confirm the part where the archmages usually glides out side the dome, where you couldn't target or kill them, and the part where Ladyhawke should be away from the Exit Spawn.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The archmages can also be knocked through the dome walls, apparently the geometry is terrible. I eventually killed them with pets that also were willing to spawn outside the dome.

BUG: the moon base doesn't have lunar gravity
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Bug
    Final area's two side rooms
    The two Archmagus on the top ledge seem to get shunted outside the map half the time when you first attack them. This can be mitigated (I jumped behind them and then KBed them into the room center) but this could make completion a problem for some builds (even though they reset position after you leave the room). For reference, I was using a Soldier AT and initially trying to Sniper Rifle and Assault Rifle them to utilize range.
    At the end for me, the mission says to return to Ladyhawke. She ended up below the holo-globe somehow and I can't interact with her. She was felled in the final fight against Hydrophis, so that might have something to do with it.

I was able to meet her back in Renaissance Center and do the mission hand-in, though.

Yup, gonna confirm these two. Though for me, it's always the left side archmagi that get clipped out of the dome, leaving us unable to attack them while they snipe us. They only reset if we die or leave the room.
    unknown.png

As for Ladyhawke, she doesn't just suddenly spawn inside of the globe hologram at the end, it's almost every time she goes into the room it's like she gets magnetized in there. Only way to get her out too is leaving the room or just being far enough for her to teleport.
    unknown.png

As for my own bug I noticed, tho this is much minor.
    Many of the Lemurian's dialogue don't match with their voice files as some of them seem swapped.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Bug
    The Quest Unknowable cannot be done again since the entrance to the quest doesn't show up the prompt.
  • Options
    stormturmoilstormturmoil Posts: 10 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    Bug
    The Quest Unknowable cannot be done again since the entrance to the quest doesn't show up the prompt.

Confirmed on Live: Interact simply does not appear over entrance crater. Only stopped appearing once mission completed once - leaving while incomplete it was still open (dropped out once due to enemies clipping bug).

• Options
    I'm passionate about this game, and hope you use my ideas found here for your future serials.
    Last time I'll link I promise!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213700/what-do-you-think-death-rattle
  • Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Intriguing Gear
    The listed bonuses are not consistent... on both live and test servers.
    Currently the Ring (Offense) and Boots (Defense) are listing the bonus as 12% Magic and 25% paranormal damage resistance for the 2 piece and 3 piece bonuses respectively.
    However, the Mask (Utility) is listing the bonuses as 25% Magic and 12% Paranormal damage resistances for the 2 piece and 3 piece bonuses respectively.

IIRC the bonus was originally 25% resistance to both magic and paranormal.
This discussion has been closed.