test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blades and More Blades

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
Started leveling this a while back and then got side tracked by other characters. Time to get back to it. Sort of a mystic swordswoman. I already have a dual blade build that uses Dragon's Wrath and some of the more typical moves. So, trying something different by using the 2 summoned blades and Sparkstorm. While Str is PSS, Dex is going to be stacked. Understood that energy will likely be an issue until she has final cost reduction gear. Possibly Rec will be used instead of Con as SSS. Possibly Whirling Dragon Strike instead of Vorpal Blades. Picking up a couple ranged attacks as devices. Idea will be to summon Blades, use a ranged attack, turn on SparkStorm and go to town with Blade Tempest.

Scimitar 1 Melee Damage
v3.32:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 9: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Rain of Steel
Level 1: Blade Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
Level 8: Form of the Tempest
Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Masterful Dodge
Level 17: Warlock's Blades (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Pyromancer's Blades (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Steadfast
Level 29: Sparkstorm (Electric Personality)
Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 35: Imbue
Level 38: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Magic Carpet

Specializations
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (3/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Slot 1: Ice Grenades
Slot 2: Heroic Resonance
Slot 3: Poisoned Shuriken
Slot 4: Primus Spark Shield
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The basic idea is fine, but yeah the main hangup I'd have here is energy if you wanted high uptime on Sparkstorm. As long as that's handled, then you'd generally be gtg here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Testing in the PH, energy was not really an issue; mainly have to be sure Energy is high when hitting Sparkstorm. I will probably go with Rec over Con, just for a bit more energy, and possibly switch to Force Shield with the Sheathe adv.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • citizenzero#3567 citizenzero Posts: 171 Arc User
    Is this for cosmics or just general content. Is this a tank or dps. Seems like dps checks would be a concern. The sword pets damage are actually very low. Spark storm does very little damage, and def. Less with its only points set to wnable it to being a toggle only.
    I dont recall if the swords attack what u attack or do they wander? Since they are uncontrollable pets.
  • lun4cy#3055 lun4cy Posts: 14 Arc User
    I very much like the idea of this build, sort of like a "phantom blades" thing.
    Could I use this with Sword Cyclone instead of Sparkstorm though?
    Also, since I'd be spamming the summoned blades & Vorpal on cooldown all the time, would it be worthwile to take Molecular self Assembly w/ Int SS?
    edited July 2019
    I very much like the idea of this build, sort of like a "phantom blades" thing.
    Could I use this with Sword Cyclone instead of Sparkstorm though?
    Also, since I'd be spamming the summoned blades & Vorpal on cooldown all the time, would it be worthwile to take Molecular self Assembly w/ Int SS?
    Well, the main reason he took Sparkstorm w/ adv is to run it on top of the other attacks, while Sword Cyclone is just its own attack. Ofc, you can make the change and use diff attacks if that's more in-line w/ your concept (Cyclone can still do fine as the main AoE on its own). And yea, you could feasibly use MSA as the EU w/ Int SS'd somewhere. Steadfast will still prob be easier, since your filler attacks are still MA and you'd gear Dex for FotT anyways. You can always test and see in the PH/PTS if you like one approach over the other, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • lun4cy#3055 lun4cy Posts: 14 Arc User
    Have tested it today, you're right Steadfast is overall better for spammig Cyclone, even though you can get MSA going pretty often (since I also took a lunge & Hex of Suffering, for the magic dmg resist debuff).

What I also found is that the summoned blades, being pets, can actually proc AoED's lightning strikes which is pretty fun in combination with high crit rate and a mulit-hit power like Cyclone from my toon itself
    Yea, AoED can work for the passive, if its just for casual content. You could even throw in other pet powers then, if you wanted, but you'd have to make room for them.