test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Player looking for advise

tainshi1tainshi1 Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi,
I just startet with this game and am searching for builds i can try out.
Will mostly play solo so something that is a bit sturdier would be nice.
I'd like to go with a Thanos kinda theme, heavy meele attacks with some energy attacks, but i have no idea how to build something like that.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I guess you could try mixing generic Might w/ stuff like Force Geyser and maybe TK Wave for theme and to provide some extra utility:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=11730WdEPAQF000000J000J803JE049A03JD007G00FJ09JG05JK03K503ON01380HJC012Q002jN742iK2MGB20000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Roomsweeper (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mighty Leap
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Telekinetic Wave (Rank 2, Mental Instability)
    Level 20: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 23: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Force Geyser (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 35: Retaliation (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

You won't do as much damage when using a defensive passive like R3 Invuln, but it will considerably increase your survival power as a trade-off. Regardless, TK Wave can help clump up mobs in front of you for follow-ups. Force Geyser can ground flying enemies, help proc MSA for extra energy (as can Mighty Leap and Conviction), and help build knock immunity on trash. Roomsweeper can be the main melee AoE, while Haymaker is the main single-target attack (and Demolish can debuff bosses for longer fights). For trash that you don't want to knockback w/ Haymaker, you can use charged Demolish instead (until the target builds up 3x stacks of knock resistance, after which they will be knock-immune for a time, and knocks like Haymaker will deal more upfront dmg to them). Gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and Rec.

(And since you mentioned you are starting out, feel free to ask the community for any help you may need)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • tainshi1tainshi1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you so mutch for this.
    edited May 2019
    After some playing around(got to lvl 18) i have a few questions:
    1. can i sub tk wave for force snap i would free up 2 points since force snap says it pulls to you without addon
    2. can i somehow work in a beam type of atack for the theme?
    3. more of a playstyle question but how do i deal with the kb from roomsweaper in alerts(or in general for targets that are not kb immune)?
    Problem is that Force Snap only pulls in one target, while TK Wave pulls in an AoE (the main reason I picked it).

For a beam attack- you don't have much room in the build, but you could stick in taps of Chest Beam for a Crushing debuff if you really want one. Chest Beam is a bit costly, though, and can itself KB if charged, so keep that in mind.

For dealing w/ KBs- you can either use a diff AoE and retrain out of Roomsweeper (I'm not sure what else you'd consider thematic enough- maybe Havoc Stomp, Shockwave, or Tremor in Earth?), or build up knock immunity by stacking the enemy knock resistance buff 3 times beforehand w/ other knocks (the target will be knock-immune for the duration then).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    after playing around some more (lvl 25 now) and doing some more stuff (serpent lantern, resisstance and some alerts) i hink i will change this to a more ranged focusd build still with the same kind of defence and some meele attaks for flavor.
    I tryed to come up with something by looking at post in this forum and would like some feedback:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=14730oTPMUaQ0000003000310337059A037F00K5037G003E03380HJG04J803ON012Q003I032wZs3V763UbT20000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Force Bolts
    Level 1: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 11: Concentration
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Force Geyser (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Demolish (Below the Belt)
    Level 29: Roomsweeper (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38: Gravity Driver (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (1/3)
    Intelligence: Tinkering (2/2)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Retribution (2/2)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

I dropt Mighty Leap since even in the meele build i nerly never used it and Demolish is still there for the debuff and kb resitst build up.
    edited June 2019
    Well, you said you were concerned about KBs w/ Roomsweeper.. but then you choose a set that has a lot of KBs (Force) and also is a harder set to use optimally due to Force Cascade being an expensive power and tight cylinder AoE (and the ranged KBs wouldn't jive w/ any melee attacks very well- ironically the lunge you dropped could actually help in that respect). Ranged toggle/forms like Concentration (Conc) also won't proc w/ melee attacks, and mixing melee and ranged is already a bit tricky in CO as is. Also, Gravity Driver is a locked power, and I assume you don't have it unlocked yet as a new player (though it is nice, if you have it available).

I'm already kinda iffy w/ recommending Might to newcomers just cause its an non-revamped set w/ some holes in it, but Might is still workable and strong at a basic level (mostly cause of Haymaker's power, when built around). Force I think is an even more flawed set, though (also can have large KBs, FC is its best attack but is extremely expensive and doesn't work well w/ some passives, Crushing Wave doesn't proc standard ranged toggles as easily, PFF isn't that great of a defensive passive, the set lacks a normal energy unlock and an in-set debuff to boost dmg, and Force's hold powers increase enemy defenses if applied). Its a bit annoying too, cause so many superhero archetypes would use Might or Force for theme, but oh well..

I guess I'm rambling a bit, but I'd say maybe consider using a diff powerset if you're new, and want to play ranged. Are there any other powersets or themes you could be up for trying for this character?
    Hmm.. the only set i think would be in tehme woulld be pa witout the rocktes and minigun but i dont know if i can get the same level of survivalbilty with it and if i can for theme work in a meele or meele like attack
    edited June 2019
    The survival aspect isn't going to be much different, since you're mainly varying the attacks and their energy management (and maybe some stats/specs on the back-end). PA is also a harder set to work with in CO, though (was kinda hoping you wouldn't say something like 'power armor' or 'eye beams' in response, lol), unless you want to completely avoid using the slotted toggle attacks (which can work okay, but limits your options). Even then, mixing melee with that will still be cumbersome.

I mean.. it just comes down to the hero concept you have not really working too well in CO mechanically atm. I guess you can just try a non-slotted PA build for Chest Beam- maybe keeping Force Geyser for theme, and using Electric Current as the AoE. It won't be the most optimal base for a build, but it should still be pretty functional:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=15830bXWaPNQ000000910092039C009A031405AD0CAA00K5039G03ON019D01380H8O011L000ckr3BIR2MGB20000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 11: Electrical Current (Rank 2, Bad Wiring)
    Level 14: Particle Wave (Illuminate, Bad Footing)
    Level 17: Unified Theory
    Level 20: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Force Geyser (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Thundering Return

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Particle Wave may not be the most thematic pick here (it does pull out a laser sword, which is cool anyways, imo), but its very helpful for procing Unified Theory in AoE situations, and clumping up mobs for follow-ups w/ stuff like Elec Current. The main single-target attack can be Power Gauntlet, boosted by taps of Chest Beam (to put up Burn Through and also proc Unified Theory). Force Geyser can be used as another CC option, and to ground flying enemies. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End.

(INT/End/Con can also work as the SS setup here- w/ an Int focus, though the Ego one will prob be better for dps)
    Super Stats

Talents
    Level 6: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Specializations
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    ok your right the melee/ranged thing dosent realy work that great so i think i will drop that in favor of an force build(i know the set isnt that good but its the only thing that looks realy nice) sorry for the many replys still working stuff out.
    edited June 2019
    Alright. Well, I guess you took that Force build from somewhere else, but if you're going to use that then we mine as well tweak it some:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=14830oTPMUaQ0000009100310B7F009A03K5037G00F8053E03380HON0137058O002Q003I032WAL3BIR3UbT20000000000&e=

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 6: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact)
    Level 20: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Force Geyser (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 32: Lock N Load
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38: Gravity Driver (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)

I mainly axed the melee stuff, gave you a cheaper Force-like AoE in TK Burst that also doesn't scatter KB (if that's an issue for you; or you could use Crushing Wave instead I guess, even if its a bit underwhelming). I'm still unsure if you actually have Grav Driver unlocked, but if you don't then you can always take a different power there. For this build, you mainly want to roll MSA w/ Geyser (and/or Conviction), use Force Blast more often when energy is lower, and charge FC when energy is higher (assuming the scatter KB isn't an issue, but taps of Force Blast w/ Geyser can also build up to knock immunity on single-targets quickly as well). Gears mostly for Int, but also for some Con and End.
    Thank you again for putting up with me(i know how i can bee some times...). You are correct, in both that i dont have grav driver jet and that i cobbeld the build together from stuff i found here. Mainly a force offtank build where i tried to work in invul and the heals. I will sub grav driver with something else or if i have it when i get to lvl 38 i will use it but thats at least another few days away.
    Its fine. The ultimate is nice to have, but its not essential to the build's functioning either, so don't feel forced to get it if you don't want to shell out for it on the AH or wherever.