test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190510.5 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Destroyer's Factory
  • Added a 'teleport to boss room door' option at the start of the lair once players have gotten to the boss room and there are no players present in the boss room.
  • Fixed a bug where Dr. Destroyer would reset his health occasionally.
  • Fixed a bug where Dr. Destroyer would repeat his lines.
  • Fixed various animation issues with enemies.
  • Enemies in the lair will now scale with player level in addition to being skull level. They have a minimum level of 28 and can scale up to 40. This is being done to adjust what powers enemies use based on the level of players in the lair.
  • Fixed an infinite spawn in the first room.
  • Added additional spawns in the boss room.
  • Disabled the Foxbat mission. He will return at a later date.
  • Fixed a bug where some enemies were not marked as Tough.
  • Fixed a bug where some ambushes were not triggering at the correct times.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug with the Rebel Mohawk hair where its materials were not unlocking.
​​

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »

Misc
    • Fixed a bug with the Rebel Mohawk hair where its materials were not unlocking.

CRISIS AVERTED!!
    THANKS FOR THE QUICK FIX!​​
    Also let's talk the important things:

Rewards and motivation to run this lair?​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Before we can talk rewards we actually have to test the new version, otherwise we might be wasting time talking about rewards for something that's going to go back into hiding for months.​​
    Fair enough
    what rewards do we get for testing?​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    The reward of knowledge
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I've been sent dev tokens sometimes when I did a good job testing content. It feels like a nice pat on the head ^_^​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    When I was "reprogramming" the arm, you can keep "reprogramming" it to get the counter off from the mission checklist.
    As for the fight itself, oh boy. Fake D, after stage 2, will start flying around and constantly moving. Have fun trying to melee him in melee. As for Fake D stage third, he summon his arm and they will remove your TP. I hope you like chasing Fake D around with no TP while he flies around and range you. Oh and all of his attack are cc of some form.

I only manage to fight Mega D in the first form, with all the weapon install, lets just say, if you like grond, you sure as hell would love hell here. Bots respawn upon death, your TP will get disable from his clap, and he drop fire patches that kind of act like TA Grond's green lava. They are permanent, so be aware where you place them. I haven't gotten pass stage 2 or 3, so I wouldn't know what to expect there. I'll leave off with two fun images of both boss fight.

6hGPgtQ.jpg
    01tsnVm.jpg
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I have a feeling that weapon devices will be a drop from this lair so player will have a reason to play it. :U
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Fire patches aren't actually perm though they last a long time. Or else there's a cap on how many of them can exist. They aren't Grond level damage firepit damage, but Grond doesn't have an area attack pull-to that goes through block. Overall the fight looks like hell for melee. Which is maybe fine, melee deserves a bit of hell ;)
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    With a help from @pantagruel01, we manage to finish the fight. Here are some result. Pantagruel main tank the mega d while I offtank, and Panta found out that there is a maximum limit of fire patches could be place in the area. Eventually, the fire patches will go away, but after dozens and dozens of patches covering a 1/3 of the fight area if you're not stacking them. The fire patch has the same amount of tick a TA grond's lava patch would have, but it does way less damage. The tell for the fire patch attack is when Mega D is about to blast something off his hand with the Kabaam! symbol is up. If Mega D doesn't have his arm out when the Kabaam! shows up, it missile barrage. The TP removal skill is limited to the range of the Clap attack. The Clap attack itself will "unblock" anyone in the range for a second. As I mention before, the mob respawn, so have fun dealing with that. The platform on top has that exploding effect (imagine a bunch of smoke bomb popping constantly), but I haven't test to see if it damaging to snipe from there. The reward for doing this at the moment is 8 until rec, 200 questionite, XP points, and an equipment box, although I think Chaos might be on to something about that:
    I have a feeling that weapon devices will be a drop from this lair so player will have a reason to play it. :U

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Thoughts about the design of the fight: consider making the timer for disabling the construction arms longer at base, but it gets reduced every time an arm is destroyed -- say, 5m base, -2m every time an arm is killed, so you can reliably kill 2 and not very reliably kill 3, but never all. Then balance out the annoyance factor of the systems you can disable so picking which arm to kill is a legit choice, only the fire patches and the thunderclap effect particularly matter at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.