test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hybrid role tank?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
Would it be possible to be a main tank for cosmic/F&I/TA while in Hybrid role, using Protector tree's Bulwark for the threat generation and Aura of Radiant Protection as a "Defense" Passive?

With my current equipment, I'd end up with the following in Hybrid role:
15307 HP
52% threat generation
92.16% damage resistance from Aura of Radiant Protection (should be, at least. Tooltip says 64% at rank 1 AoRP, and I multiplied it by 1.44.)

Also have 59% from my Defense stat.
For contrast, I usually end up with 120% resistance from Defiance, at 20% per stack.

Is there anything that I'm not accounting for in regards to the benefits of Tank role? If I can change over to AoRP-Hybrid-tanking instead, it'd free up a power slot for my every-role build, which is big.
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!

Comments

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Ideally, you avoid using any Auras in Hybrid role. Hybrid AoRP in particular is very nasty if any other person using AoRP exists because it still does bad things with Block. I would recommend sticking with Defiance or Invulnerability even if you're using it in Hybrid role.

The thing to consider is that Hybrid tanks can be more survivable than a Tank due to the more potent self-healing, but won't have the same health/resistance thresholds. Not to mention, Hybrid won't match the Threat generation of a Tank. That does makes them perfect Off-tanks or Secondary Tanks so bosses can turn to them next as opposed to turning on whoever was putting out the most damage at the time, but it's not ideal to be a "Main Tank" while in Hybrid.

Taking Protector's Bulwark in Hybrid is rather inefficient, because at that point why not just put yourself in Tank role and use Bulwark for the extra health? I believe Warden/Guardian would be really good for a Hybrid Tank just to put out extra damage (which is important for threat) while maintaining good survivability.

All in all, Hybrid tanking is feasible, but not as potent as just going as a Tank for control over aggro. You're more of a "Reserve" Tank. I would work in Defender Gloves and a Confront and Offense Offensive Mod combo in your primary offense so you can solidify in that position, or focus solely on building into Tank.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    The blocking bug is STILL around? D: Ugh. That throws a whole wrench set into the works. Thanks for the response.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!