test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20190228.5 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
Circus Malvanum
  • Added Roman Guard arm accessories.
  • Updated the look of the Regal Lion mask costume.
  • Added Brute Force and Unknown Force mods to the event store and as possible drops from Forum Malvanum. These mods affect threat generated by Crushing typed attacks.
  • Added 5 titles to the event store.

Gravitar
  • Added Brute Force and Unknown Force mods as possible drops.

Fire and Ice
  • Added Icy Grasp, Cold Front, Hot Stuff and Soothing Flames mods as possible drops. These mods affect threat generated by Fire and Cold typed attacks. The Cold versions are also available during the Winter event.

Auction
  • Added Titles auction house category. Existing items in the auction house will not appear in that category, but new ones will be sorted.
  • Fixed a bug where the new power unlock items were not being sorted into the power unlock category. Existing items in the auction house will not appear in that category, but new ones will be sorted.

Powers
Crashing Incantation
  • Fixed a bug where this power wasn't tagged as an area effect.

Circles
  • Circle of Primal Dominion and Circle of Ebon Wrath's drawback effects no longer scale with rank, having a flat rate across ranks.

Regeneration Modification
  • Fixed a bug where this was triggering Compassion.
​​

Comments

• Options
    sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    Considering how much damage melee does I feel like damage oriented confronts should be ranged only. There isn't really much of a reason to have more threat gen for melee characters.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Being limited to crushing does limit some threat sources (e.g. onslaught slicer gloves, various devices), you'd probably be better off with regular confronts anyway.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Circus Malvanum
    Circles
    • Circle of Primal Dominion and Circle of Ebon Wrath's drawback effects no longer scale with rank, having a flat rate across ranks.

That's much better. Now it's more of a decision.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'm just putting this out there.

I don't get the purpose of these specific dmg threat boost mods. How can it compare to Confront mods which is an all-rounder? Is a 1.2% additional threat gonna make a difference? You could probably redirect that time making unwanted mods into power revamps, or give power sets that don't have dmg boost mods like Archery, Force, Earth, etc.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Circles

Very nice. I'm sure a lot of people considering circles will feel better about ranking them up knowing that the drawbacks won't go up with them now.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yeah, unknown force (like all threat reducers) is completely useless (much better to take a threat wipe) other than ATs that don't have a threat wipe, and brute force is typically going to be worse than a confront
  • Options
    leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    My Force tank will have great use of those mods. *look at all "melee doesn't deserve special confront" and "damage specific mods are useless" tellers >:( *

However I also feel the damage reduction mods don't have a great usefulness. That said, I was on Discord when she made those mods. It took her 5 mins to make them. Power revamps don't happen in 5 minutes :p
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    My Force tank will have great use of those mods. *look at all "melee doesn't deserve special confront" and "damage specific mods are useless" tellers >:( *

However I also feel the damage reduction mods don't have a great usefulness. That said, I was on Discord when she made those mods. It took her 5 mins to make them. Power revamps don't happen in 5 minutes :p

I'm aware power revamps takes time. But the constant "useful items" being released just irks me. That time could have been spent on more pressing matters. Like those "promised" magnifiers that has been in PTS for MONTHS.(could have at least given a ETA on those)

Btw, I can't seem to see Unknown Force mod in the Event Store or Debugger.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Well, since they won't be available except for events they will be rarer than Confronts, meaning that those who want one R7+ are likely to buy a catalyst or two to rank them up and that means more money for CO. That's my guess anyway.
    I'm just putting this out there.

I don't get the purpose of these specific dmg threat boost mods. How can it compare to Confront mods which is an all-rounder? Is a 1.2% additional threat gonna make a difference? You could probably redirect that time making unwanted mods into power revamps, or give power sets that don't have dmg boost mods like Archery, Force, Earth, etc.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    I like the circus stuff, and the bug fix to crashing incantation \o/

It's a long shot but is there any chance circle can get a knock resist advantage (since they removed it from that) for tanks who don't have str, and can't fit in knock resist mods cuz they require other stuff to run?

This discussion has been closed.