test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The FLAG Tight Set (repost)

ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
eiledon wrote: »
After the release of the Star Tights for Independence Day 2014, I had an idea floating around my head for a new set of tights to both complement that set and the existing tights available in the game while providing a unique look. I finally managed to get my idea out of my head and into a form that might make sense. I am not sure if I managed to create something unique but I think it would be a great addition to the game.

Flag Tights
Pack Contents:
Tricolor, Chevron, Saltire, Pall (Y Flag) and Cross Patterns for standard tights
Should be available in all categories Basic Tights and Skin is available
Should be able to use all detail options as per Basic Tights (further clarification below)

In addition each pattern should have available a detail option where the Channel 4 portion is slightly raised (as if a very thin band over tight base)

All tights use 3 or 4 color channels in an innovative manner to allow multiple symmetric and asymmetric configurations using the single pattern.

Note: While I have called it the 'Flag Tights' set, that is just a single idea for their use. I think the design with the combination of color use means they can be used for a much wider range of concepts.

----

Pattern - Tricolor
Contains:
Tricolor Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2 & 3
Tricolor Tights - Leg. Uses Color Channels 1,2 & 3

Tricolor T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2 & 3
Tricolor Shorts - Leg > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2 & 3

Image shows default configuration of Tricolor Tights, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Tricolor_zpsndz9fk9b.jpg~original

----

Pattern - Chevron
Contains:
Chevron (Upper) Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4 (Chevron 1 in image)
Chevron (Lower) Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4 (Chevron 2 in image)

Chevron (Upper) T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4
Chevron (Lower) T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4

Note: Lower half of Chevron tight is as per Tricolor so no need to double up.

Image shows default configuration for Chevron (Upper) Tights, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Chevron_zpso9rtf1rf.jpg~original

Image shows default configuration for Chevron (Lower) Tights - Chest, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Chevron%202_zpsmmd0maql.jpg~original

----

Pattern - Saltire
Contains:
Saltire 1 Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4 (color 2 defines main body/upper chest)
Saltire 2 Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4 (color 2 defines shoulders/arms)
Saltire Tights - Leg. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4

Saltire 1 T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4 (color 2 defines main body/upper chest)
Saltire 2 T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4 (color 2 defines shoulders/arms)

Saltire Shorts - Leg > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1 (although if cutout with X motif like on tights could use Colors 1,2,3 & 4)

Image shows default configuration for Saltire 1 Tights, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Saltire%201_zpscx1uxdhe.jpg~original

Image shows default configuration for Saltire 2 Tights - Chest, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Saltire%202_zpstmz5yd3y.jpg~original

----

Pattern - Pall
Contains:
Pall Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4
Pall Tights - Leg. Uses Color Channels 1, 3 & 4

Pall T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4
Pall Shorts - Leg > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1, 3 & 4

Image shows default configuration of the Pall Tights, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Pall_zpsbi8bntlc.jpg~original

----

Pattern - Cross
Contains:
Cross Tights - Chest. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4
Cross T-Shirt - Chest > Skin. Uses Color Channels 1,2, 3 & 4

Note: Lower half of Cross tight is as per Pall so no need to double up.

Image shows default configuration of the Cross Tights, together with examples of how color choice affects the look.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Cross_zpsarylomep.jpg~original

----

Additional Image shows example configurations of T-Shirt & Shorts versions of each of the tights patterns.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Short%20Sleeves-Shorts_zpsh4a8vyvq.jpg~original

Additional Image shows more example configurations of Saltire 1 and Pall Tights.
Flag%20Tights%20-%20Additional%201_zps0gq0tilr.jpg~original

​​

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    *throws bank at screen*
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    This is probably the easiest set they could make
  • Options
    Bonus points if they make face/mask patterns to compliment it.
  • Options
    Apparently tight won’t happen. Delete! Ban! Pointless suggestions
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    i really like this idea, It could pair well as some new rewards for the patriot event when that pops up.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    If they were clever they'd make this set and release it as part of a 4th of July lockbox and coincidentally pair it with a dev sponsored patriotic themed CC.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Oh wow, how did I not see this before? :love:
    /SIGNED
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I think if these tights were done correctly, the annoying tights people who complain all we get is cats would shut up....for at least a day.

But like my comment stated earlier...I’m pretty sure this idea was already shot.

My suggestions are always impossible
  • Options
    Apparently, tights are "OMG, the hardest costume pieces to make!" (paraphrasing).
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    oh hey can i join in the complaining and being extremely bitter at cryptic? I'm good at that

Practical steps needed to create a tights costume set:
    • Make a diffuse texture for standard body models.

• That's literally it.
    • You can create TGA images 20+ times and release a 1000Z costume set in the store and you'd get rich as **** from just creating textures.
    • ****, someone give me the UV unwrap of the player models and I'll literally just draw those textures in Paint.net and email them to Kaiserin.

Steps Cryptic says they need to take to create a tights costume set:
    • Make a diffuse texture for standard body models.
    • Make a normal map for the texture so that it can not match up at all with any other tights coloring patterns
    • Make each tights option its own specific material
    • Make each tights option its own torso or legs option underneath all categories
    • Actually heck make the model different for some unknown reason because we don't like how the UV mapping was done on the original or something
    • Make a full mask with an esoteric ugly design nobody will used with a forced normal map
    • Make custom textures for gloves and short-boots even though there's a chance that it looks exactly the same as a standard glove or short boot and doesn't have a visible texture and yet it's still inexplicably it's own individual choice under the tailor options
    • Ensure they create a custom option that works with robot arms and legs despite the fact nobody except weird cyborg characters use robot arms and the fact that the Stars tights set didn't come out with this functionality and still somehow everybody loves this tights set, probably because it didn't bother to do everything listed above.

but what do i know, just spend 2 months modeling punk clothing for a lockbox and hairstyles that'll be way too puffy or have weirdly-detailed textures to combine with any other hairstyles without looking way out of place.

Cryptic does not know what 'bang for your buck' is.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    If this came out, we should get a vintage costume transformation to go along with it, maybe something like having a phone booth appear, our hero steps into it then comes out wearing the new tights.
  • Options
    I want a eye glass remove animation...doesn’t have to have them in hand but you could be in a suit with glasses and transform into costume without it
  • Options
    thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    >^____^< ... yes, please.
  • Options
    4TH OF JULY IS COMING.

What better way to show the unity for the world then with your own special and highly customizable Tight set.
  • Options
    These tights are what we need!
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Who needs tights in a superhero MMO 😐
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    This is really good. Exactly the type of costume set we need now.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

MORE TIGHTS!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    +1.