test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you craft a MOAB?

So, I’m trying to design a character (Braum) that I started out back in Villains and Vigilantes and have managed to replicate in some form in everything from Freedom Force, to City of Heroes, DCUO, and now Champions Online.

It’s a challenge because he is one of those jack of all trade sort of characters (symbiotic armor/enhanced strength/big blade/Space Ghostesque multi-beam firing bracers/blaster on his hip just in case), but Freeform makes it at least possible to simulate most of it.

In the original character concept, his symbiotic armor could absorb a significant amount of energy from the damage coming in, and eventually release it as a plasma orb that would detonate with high yield thermobaric blast (up to 1-1.5 kiloton range) . . . one of those epic endgame moves that works for pen and paper games, but translates poorly into online games.

What is the closest I could come to replicating this? I was thinking Energy Storm might work as a level 35+ power approach, but is there a way to craft a MOAB level device?

Best Answers

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Energy Storm is a pretty weak ultimate just fyi.
    I would suggest either Crashing Incantation or Gravity Driver.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Unleashed Rage? It could look like a localized expulsion of energy. But, no orb effect.

• servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    If you're going Unleashed Rage, remember to take Enrage as your Buff Toggle. Without stacks of the buff, UR is pretty weak.

Answers

• sedaileysedailey Posts: 34 Arc User

Thanks, I just returned to the game after a very long time; I'm still using PowerHouse as a reference, and Crashing Incantation apparently isn't in there yet . . . which archtypes/power sets have it? What stats is it link to?

stratluver wrote: »
    Unleashed Rage? It could look like a localized expulsion of energy. But, no orb effect.

Unleashed Rage might work. The animation of an orb/projectile would be cool, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I’m thinking Implosion Engine with Inverse Polarization Field might also work well . . . only wish I could get that with Rank 2 and Rank 3 :) . The pen & paper version was an endgame “big red button”.

IF I were able to build a power from scratch it would probably look something like:

Energy Projector, 100 foot ranged, 100 foot sphere AoE damage

Requires level 35
    You may only own 1 Ultimate Power

+This attack will detonate in an area of affect upon contact with the target.

+Deals both particle and crushing damage to anyone caught in the blast radius and releases a shockwave that sends anyone nearby flying.

Dragon’s Rage launches a sphere of plasma at your target doing high damage to the target and additional damage to everyone (enemies/allies/yourself) near the target.

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    sedailey wrote: »

Thanks, I just returned to the game after a very long time; I'm still using PowerHouse as a reference, and Crashing Incantation apparently isn't in there yet . . . which archtypes/power sets have it? What stats is it link to?

stratluver wrote: »

Unleashed Rage might work. The animation of an orb/projectile would be cool, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I’m thinking Implosion Engine with Inverse Polarization Field might also work well . . . only wish I could get that with Rank 2 and Rank 3 :) . The pen & paper version was an endgame “big red button”.

IF I were able to build a power from scratch it would probably look something like:

Energy Projector, 100 foot ranged, 100 foot sphere AoE damage

Requires level 35
    You may only own 1 Ultimate Power

+This attack will detonate in an area of affect upon contact with the target.

+Deals both particle and crushing damage to anyone caught in the blast radius and releases a shockwave that sends anyone nearby flying.

Dragon’s Rage launches a sphere of plasma at your target doing high damage to the target and additional damage to everyone (enemies/allies/yourself) near the target.

Crashing Incarnation is a Sorcery Ult.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    wtf is a MOAB? u3u​​
    acronym for "Mother Of All Bombs" it's a non-nuclear bomb designed to be strong enough to crack open underground bunkers. The real thing is the size of a shipping container though so it's not something you could just toss at an enemy.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    Switch to Aesica Hero Creator - it's a lot more up to date and there are quite a few new powers.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    wtf is a MOAB? u3u
    acronym for "Mother Of All Bombs" it's a non-nuclear bomb designed to be strong enough to crack open underground bunkers. The real thing is the size of a shipping container though so it's not something you could just toss at an enemy.

O3o that sounds... like a bad idea to use on purple gang members robbing a bank...​​
    I noticed a viper mob (I think a Viper Demolitionist) that tosses a red smart bomb that slowly floats up to you in the middle of a fight and counts down before detonation. Definitely not a MOAB blast, but the closest thing animation I've seen . . . if only we could add some serious DPS and Knock to it. B)
    SatisfiedNeatHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Pretty sure we have that as a device.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Any idea what it's called?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I noticed a viper mob (I think a Viper Demolitionist) that tosses a red smart bomb that slowly floats up to you in the middle of a fight and counts down before detonation. Definitely not a MOAB blast, but the closest thing animation I've seen . . . if only we could add some serious DPS and Knock to it. B)

Any idea what it's called?

Viper Mobile Sonic bomb​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • casualslackscasualslacks Posts: 17 Arc User
    O3o that sounds... like a bad idea to use on purple gang members robbing a bank...​​

The banks are insured.

World Class Chump