test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did Power Revamps Slow Down?

2»

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Well there have been some really good suggestions of revamping the powerframes left (stares at FORCE) but I'm afraid we can't escape the Homogenization

Also I should highlight that all the revamps slowed down AFTER the Martial Arts rework, something I was talking with Foxi ingame as well

The Unarmed Revamp even thought it was amazing, threw a wrench on DEVs plans because of Chi Flame was causing issues in Open World cosmics, clogging the damage and stop registering other players' attacks and damage. This was fixed long time now

It Appears that DEVs are all in for revamping powerframes with unique mechanics but the game's spaghetti code and the leftover bugs from the original DEVs are still lingering, so they must be extra careful now because the game's code and engine don't want to play nice, leading to this Revamp Drought of Content revamp
    ,tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Maybe the devs are having a hard time coming up with new unique ways to rework the power sets so the mechanics don't feel so samey?
    This is true. Kais may have started with the easy stuff and now is working on the harder stuff.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Maybe the devs are having a hard time coming up with new unique ways to rework the power sets so the mechanics don't feel so samey?

That's a thing I said once \owo/
    This is true. Kais may have started with the easy stuff and now is working on the harder stuff.

And that! :OOOOOO

As much as some people thought the Dev's planned to super homogenize everything, it seems like they lean more towards the "make every powerset have it's own unique feeling/identity" side of the chart. That's certainly how it's felt so far, to me at least.