test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Do We Know What the Revamps Are?

I've seen discussions about Unarmed being recently revamped. How do I know what has been revamped? I've checked the CO website and googled for info, but found almost nothing.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Well I know it because I've been following patch notes since the revamps started. Other than that there is no way to know which ones are revamped, other than asking someone who knows - a set having a damage mod isn't an indication, and "does it feel good to play" isn't either since some un-revamped sets are still very good and even widely used. Even "does it do good dps" isn't an indication since some un-revamped sets do tons of damage - in some cases arguably too much. The set having its own Toggle Form is perhaps the closest you can get as a way to check, but even that isn't always accurate. Heck even some of us aren't sure if some of them count as revamped.

Wind, Force, Ice, Gadgeteering, Archery, Claws, Dual Blades, Might, Earth, Telepathy, Celestial, are the ones generally agreed to not have been revamped since they have received either no, or very small changes since the revamps began.
    Darkness, and Infernal have received some changes, mostly additions, but there has been info to imply that they too are still waiting for a real revamp.

So as far as sets that I can guarantee you have been revamped:
    Electric
    Fire
    Munitions
    Power Armor
    Laser Sword
    Unarmed
    Single Blade
    Telekinesis
    Heavy Weapons
    Sorcery
    Bestial

The reason they don't officially keep this info anywhere is likely because they don't want to influence people away from unrevamped sets, which again I will point out some of them are still in really good shape and perform very well ( sometimes even too well in some ways ). Irrelevant of course since all you have to do is ask around and in no time you'll get this list.​​
    Post edited by spinnytop on