test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Way of the Warrior Vs Aura of Primal Majesty In Terms of DPS

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Power Discussion
Not a build request or anything (for now) but I do plan to make some sort of Power Armor/Single Blade type of style, but given the style of play I do try to add some support stuff here and there (not too much, just minor support, like what a Commanding Officer whuold, inspiring or give stats boosts to his team, etc)

So before i do work on the build wanna kown how much % of damage I will be missing out in terms of both passives.

Note: Main powers will be a focus in Melee.
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    You will deal more damage with Way of the Warrior, because it gives damage bonus, and because you can use it while in melee dps role.

The passive itself is about 20%, and the role is another 20%, approximately 40% in total. AoPM will not come even close to that as it gives no damage bonus, and you would have to be in hybrid or support to use it.

Also if you show up at a cosmic with an aura in hybrid role prepare for people to give you dirty looks.​​
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Ether AoPM or AoED won't provide so good DPS to your your hybrid role.
    Most DPS passives including WotW provide you much better DPS and also some defense bonus such like additional dodge, etc...
    There are no good reason to take hybrid-support passive now.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    You would be missing out on a lot of damage taking AoPM over WotW. Although, if you're doing some sort of Melee/Support with a theme like Powered Armor/Single Blade, it may be wiser to look into Laser Sword and taking something like Quantum Stabilizer as a passive. That way you can take a couple of tricks from PA and the damage will get a better boost than it would off of just WotW.

I think I could probably work something up that would be suitable with that kind of guideline, but I would need to know just how deep you wanted to delve into Support. Some sort of ratio between DPS and Healer would be nice to know, and how much you'd be willing to take powers that could be a bit more theme-neutral visually to get the functionality you want.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You will deal more damage with Way of the Warrior, because it gives damage bonus, and because you can use it while in melee dps role.

The passive itself is about 20%, and the role is another 20%, approximately 40% in total. AoPM will not come even close to that as it gives no damage bonus, and you would have to be in hybrid or support to use it.

Also if you show up at a cosmic with an aura in hybrid role prepare for people to give you dirty looks.​​

I see cheers
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Ether AoPM or AoED won't provide so good DPS to your your hybrid role.
    Most DPS passives including WotW provide you much better DPS and also some defense bonus such like additional dodge, etc...
    There are no good reason to take hybrid-support passive now.

My thanks
    Psi.
  • Options
    deadman20 wrote: »
    You would be missing out on a lot of damage taking AoPM over WotW. Although, if you're doing some sort of Melee/Support with a theme like Powered Armor/Single Blade, it may be wiser to look into Laser Sword and taking something like Quantum Stabilizer as a passive. That way you can take a couple of tricks from PA and the damage will get a better boost than it would off of just WotW.

I think I could probably work something up that would be suitable with that kind of guideline, but I would need to know just how deep you wanted to delve into Support. Some sort of ratio between DPS and Healer would be nice to know, and how much you'd be willing to take powers that could be a bit more theme-neutral visually to get the functionality you want.​​

I'll keep a eye out for you, once I begin uploading the build itself (I'll @you or something) but thanks for the help (and offering for help)

it shuold be up rather soon, as I do plan to do Multiple builds for 3 OCs, all in the same topic
    Psi.