test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XBox Introducing Keyboard/Mouse Support

Endgadget: Micrsoft Closes Gap On PCs

I think the potential is a tad overhyped - but one of the drawbacks I always saw with translating CO to consoles has to do with the sheer number of potential inputs. I've played STO on console, and it's really hard to keep the inputs flowing rapidly enough for the active combat system, especially at higher levels. A keyboard would simplify and enhance the experience so much.
"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    There are three games out of the compatibility list that I've played on PC being Bomber Crew, Vermintide 2 and Warframe that definitely would make for a better experience with KBM support IMO on the Xbox1. I can't imagine playing Bomber Crew using a controller considering how much real time management across various crew members and plane systems is involved.

I own an Xbox and I don't think certain games on the system would really benefit because their control schemes are tailored for a game console, even if those games have PC counterparts. Two examples that come to mind are Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Huge implications for FPSs and cross platform play.​​
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    How odd I actually find using a controller better with both STO and CO in fact the lack of controller support is one reason I opted out of Neverwinter. Of course I use a custom setup for both but it works better than mouse and keyboard for me.
    @Powerblast in game
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    wait neverwinter doesn't have controller support? =_= *finger slowly reaches for cancel download button*​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Neverwinter doesn't have controller support? Why would that be? The closest it ever came to being enjoyable for me was on console!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!