test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which powerset do you think will be revamped next?

criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Power Discussion
Hey guys, as the tittle says, which powerset do you think will be updated after the Bloodmoon event?
Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
Post edited by criswolf09 on

Which powerset do you think will be revamped next? 33 votes

Force
9%
agentnx5tditsspordelia 3 votes
Wind
0%
Archery
3%
nbkxs 1 vote
Gadgeteering
6%
circleofpsi#4619habanerosauce 2 votes
Figthing Claws
33%
pantagruel01flyingfinnbaelogventuredeadman20peripeteiacriswolf09avianosjebidiahbeetus#4643theglasskittenmordray001sgtken60 11 votes
Dual Blades
0%
Telepathy
6%
bluegrassbeastwulfanger2 2 votes
Might
30%
lezard21gradiiandondarkmorechaosdrgnz43shadowolf505vonqballfahrin1leuchadegoutieresubesan#3467irkallia 10 votes
Earth
3%
riverocean 1 vote
Celestial
9%
phazeunspinnytopultrashoc 3 votes

Comments

• sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    Figthing Claws
    Since I have not been playing that long, I just pick one not really sure which was the last that was "revamp".
    :)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Figthing Claws
    Since they gave us SniktBubSnikt hair and Claws.

*Fighting
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, as the tittle says, which powerset would you like to see updated after bloodmoon?

Yup, that's what the title says, but the actual poll asks "Which powerset do you think will be revamped next?"

Those are two very different questions.

Edit......... nvm, the OP has now changed their first post and title to reflect this.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Figthing Claws
    Yeah, I was answering the poll question, not the question in the text.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Figthing Claws
    We can all hope for other sets to be reviewed, but I think the simplest route is to go with is Fighting Claws.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Figthing Claws
    It's gonna be either Fighting Claws or Dual Blades
    They are reworking all MA powerframes, reworking the Dragon Rush mechanic, Both of those powerframes are overperforming with 1 single power (Dragon's Wrath and Dragon's Claws) The Corrosive Lockbox/Costume was obviously made for fighting claws (and the Venom movie "hype") but it got rushed for the anniversary
    and DEVs have mentioned they want to expand the Fighting Claws powerframe in order to make it more complete since right now it's 3 powers

Seems like DEVs are focusing on powerframes that OVERPERFORMING first rather than the ones that underperforming (Earth, wind, Archery e.t.c) or are all over the place bare bones (Gadgeteering)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Might
    Hoping that it would be Might because of the Venom movie and Devs did release a symbiote-like costume. But I am concerned why the next powerset revamp is taking quite long...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Hoping that it will be Archery. Unlikely though.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Figthing Claws
    But I am concerned why the next powerset revamp is taking quite long...
    I want to know that too, This year has been the slowest one so far for the revamp of existing powerframes

November-December 2017: Fire Revamp
    January-February 2018: Unarmed Revamp
    June-July 2018: Single Blade Revamp

? ? ?
    We went from 3-4 months of waiting to 5-6 months. The power revamps had been doing so well and suddenly their progression slowed down
    The revamps are not even tied with the Lockbox releases anymore neither, what happened this year to cause this?

and we are so close to have all powerframes revamps, almost there.
    The more time passes the more I see the flaws of the underperforming powerframes which have yet to be revamped​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Archery
    The whole doing away with subs thing seems to have been the biggest block in the road that slammed them to a halt, that and STE dev work.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    The whole doing away with subs thing seems to have been the biggest block in the road that slammed them to a halt, that and STE dev work.

You sure their Chinese Overlords didn't have anything to say about making a difference in-game for the players then prioritizing the arbitrary digits on a computer screen?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Celestial

More likely it's that we're in the midst of several seasonal events happening back to back. Things have always slowed down around this time of year because of that. I think we got something last November didn't we?​​
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Hoping that it will be Archery. Unlikely though.

Wait, we have an archery set?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    It's been a while (several months?) since we've seen a major change, like a power revamp or new/reworked content. Been mostly some costumes and minor tweaks to events. Hopefully the Vikorin rework will mark the beginning of a consistent renewed efforts on updating content.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the Devs revealed revamps of the remaining unrevamped powers sets in Energy Projection (Force, Wind, a little Cold?) or Technology (Gadgets and Archery) in time for the holidays. I.e complete one entire area of powers, rather than doing most of them and then hopping to something else.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Figthing Claws
    It's been 4 months since the last revamp which was single blade in July
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Force
    Unlikely, but fingers crossed for Force.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    May I ask for more better ultimate power for Heavy Weapons?
    HW isn't musical power. o3o
    Celestial
    monaahiru wrote: »
    May I ask for more better ultimate power for Heavy Weapons?
    HW isn't musical power. o3o

but unleashed rage tho o3o/​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Might
    From what I recall, Kaiserin said they will not work on all MA powersets at once and that after SB they'll move to something else. Of course the situation changed from when that statement was made, so we might not get any more power revisions for a while
    rtma wrote: »

You sure their Chinese Overlords didn't have anything to say about making a difference in-game for the players then prioritizing the arbitrary digits on a computer screen?

(dat stealthy racism doe)

I can see why they would, since bug fixing and game balance does not translate to sales in a measurable way, but you won't be so glad about them forcing the devs to push out new content when, for example, Gadgeteer, Earth or Archery frames are still underperforming and get their assess handed in whatever new content is made.​​